Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite fast food places.

Options
  • 03-07-2017 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Is there any fast food place that you particularly enjoy, for instance, Mcdonalds, Supermacs, Burger King, Abrakebabra, KFC, Eddie Rockets, Apache Pizza, etc, what is your favourite fast food place to eat out in.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You could start by telling us what your own favourite is?

At the moment mine is Supermac's, because of the chicken breast sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I rarely (if ever) bother with any of the big chain fast food places, as I find local small places do be cheaper, and much better quality than any of them.

I'm unsure how much a big Mac meal is these days, but my local chipper does quarter pounder meals for €5.50, the patties are delicious, the chips are proper - real chipper chips (nice and chunky) and it includes a can of mineral. In comparison, McDonald's chips are a bit crap, too thin and loaded with salt.

In saying that, I'm a sucker for a good meatball marinara Sanger from subway.

Has to be toasted though. With little bit of salad, some olive, pickles, jalapeños and south West sauce.

You just can't make sandwiches like that at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Only fast food i eat would be dominoes but it would be rare as its way over priced. Love it though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We have an brilliant local chipper. That would be my go to. I also love a Supermacs, their veggie burgers are the best of all the big chains and their burger sauce is fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Whenever I'm in Dublin, has to be Bunsen. Burgers are savage.

Supermacs is hard beat though, great chips, lovely burgers. Curry cheese chips are a must

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I'm a fan of burritos these days very tasty ones in my local burrito place but I also like burritos from bigger chains like zambreros and boojum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

My favourite would be KFC with their snack boxes and spicy chicken wings, and also much more filling than MCdonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

There's a nice little "chain" of Asian street food fast food places that opened up a short while back here in Cork. When I say "chain", I think they have all of 4 restaurants now. Real tasty, and they have a daily offer called "6 before 6" where one of their dishes is €6.00 if you buy it before 6pm.
    And I do like a subway sandwich now and again.

Other than that, I'm not really big into fast food - too little veggie choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Five guys - best burger I've had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bing_crosby

the love for supermacs seems to be ingrained in people born west of the shannon , my partner is from the mid west and loves it

im from the north east , think its awful ,any place bigger than a village in galway has one , only large towns in leinster do

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

the love for supermacs seems to be ingrained in people born west of the shannon , my partner is from the mid west and loves it

im from the north east , think its awful ,any place bigger than a village in galway has one , only large towns in leinster do

I've lived in Dublin all my life and only tolerated Supermac's when I went beyond the pale, but their chicken breast sandwich is a real game-changer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    I'm unsure how much a big Mac meal is these days, but my local chipper does quarter pounder meals for €5.50, the patties are delicious, the chips are proper - real chipper chips (nice and chunky) and it includes a can of mineral. In comparison, McDonald's chips are a bit crap, too thin and loaded with salt.
    I would only buy eurosaver menu stuff or use vouchers in McD. 3.90 for a big mac and medium fries, or quarter pounder or chicken sandwich in place of the big mac all 3.90.

I would not compare chipper chips and mcd fries. Completely different products. Chipper chips are as related to McD fries as McD fries are to king crips. I like them all in their own way. If you are very hungry of course a big heavy bag of chipper chips is going to stuff you.

People moan about McDs not being filling, some think it is some very weird oddity or processing in the food. I think it is very simple, they are not that calorific. I have gotten single bags of chipper chips that would have had more calories than a full big mac meal, maybe more than a "go large" big mac meal with full sugar coke.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Supermacs is hard beat though, great chips, lovely burgers. Curry cheese chips are a must
    I think the chips are run of the mill basic frozen supermarket bog standard stuff. When most talk of the chips its really the chips with toppings.
    I've lived in Dublin all my life and only tolerated Supermac's when I went beyond the pale
    Supermacs use ketchup in Dublin and use a burger sauce many rave about elsewhere. They officially said this on facebook, I thought this was very odd but did explain the huge divide you see many dubliners saying they hate it. The reason was meant to be that in dublin many were asking for ketchup, so many were that they just switched. I am not sure if you can ask for the burger sauce in dublin -since I reckon you could ask for ketchup outside dublin.

Supermacs have a 5oz bacon cheeseburger which is not frozen meat and I thought it was very good.

rubadub wrote: »

Supermacs use ketchup in Dublin and use a burger sauce many rave about elsewhere. They officially said this on facebook, I thought this was very odd but did explain the huge divide you see many dubliners saying they hate it. The reason was meant to be that in dublin many were asking for ketchup, so many were that they just switched. I am not sure if you can ask for the burger sauce in dublin -since I reckon you could ask for ketchup outside dublin.

Supermacs have a 5oz bacon cheeseburger which is not frozen meat and I thought it was very good.

They do use the delicious burger sauce in Dublin, and the chicken breast sandwich is slathered in it. For €1 you can get a tub of the sauce to dip your chips in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They do use the delicious burger sauce in Dublin, and the chicken breast sandwich is slathered in it. For €1 you can get a tub of the sauce to dip your chips in :)

right, must try one of those. I think I saw it listed on some ad in the window on some burgers. Might be just not on bog standard burgers.

The 5oz used to be 1 burger/pattie, now it is 2. And you can get 7.5oz 3 pattie burgers.

CKHFfNTUAAAwiNW.jpg

Confirmed: Supermac’s use different burger sauces in Dublin and Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Never been in a Supermacs! Pat McDonagh, whilst obviously a talented businessman, just strikes me as greedy. He wants McD's business, Subway's business, Pizza Franchise etc etc, you name it he wants it. You can't offer all that food without cutting corners on quality.

Favourite fast food would probably be Eddie Rockets. Again, another copy cat Irish operation, but they do it very well - especially the chocolate malts!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't really do fast food - if I'm going to "spend" that many calories I'd rather go for a proper sit-down meal with table service and wine. But the very odd time I do, it has to be a single of chipper chips, with salt and so much vinegar the arse is in danger of falling out of the bottom of the bag. Preferably bought on the way home from the pub and ravened straight out of the torn-open bag while standing at the kitchen counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Eddie Rockets!

Advertisement