Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What products prey on stupid people?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭mick.oleary

Senna wrote: »
    No I was already joking about the idiots on donedeal selling them, I hardly sell them myself. They're not hard to use, if you can't use yours, then you have obviously done something wrong.

Clearly I can use it if I am able to evaluate the picture quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

4K my a**e. The hardware might support 4K but the streaming servers are all crap low res.

What American Android box?

What did you pay to the streaming providers?

Or were you expecting someone to stream 4k for free?

BTW the quality of the streams have zilch to do with the android box. The box is simply a consumer of the streams. The streams would be just as poor quality on a €1000 iPhone.

lawred2 wrote: »
    What did you pay to the streaming providers?

Or were you expecting someone to stream 4k for free?

BTW the quality of the streams have zilch to do with the android box. The box is simply a consumer of the streams.

I paid nothing. This is my point, they are crap and that is what I should expect from them. I use an Apple TV and I am happy to pay for Netflix or to rent from iTunes.

And I know the boxes are consumers which is why I said the hardware might be capable of 4K....

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

518oLjd9KYL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I paid nothing. This is my point, they are crap and that is what I should expect from them. I use an Apple TV and I am happy to pay for Netflix or to rent from iTunes.

And I know the boxes are consumers which is why I said the hardware might be capable of 4K....

Ah Apple fanboy, that explains it.

No you said android boxes are crap.

Android boxes have nothing to do with stream providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Holistic therapists. Went to what I thought was a physio last year because of a persistant nagging ache in the foot caused by treadmill running/bad shoes etc. I spent an hour on the treatment table with her holding my foot, basically applying heat from her own hands.... Then she did a very mild pinching motion and slowly pushed my ankle sideways. This she said, was not HER actually pushing, but my foot rectifying and realigning itself........ :rolleyes:

Yeah, I didn't go back for a second session despite her instructions!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭RedTie

House alarms.

Ok. This one needs further explaining.

Even with your own CCTV wired to your phone, nothing scares off a burglar faster than a really load alarm. Or a really big dog but I digress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

gluten free products to the multitude of attention- seeking needy non-coeilacs .

No you said android boxes are crap.

Android boxes have nothing to do with stream providers.

They are crap. Ugly UIs that are unsuitable for use on a TV. They come with bloatware that is supposed to allow you to stream TV for free, which does not work to a standard that I would pay for (if it comes with the box then the whole product is crap I am not bashing the OS).

• Advertisement

You are probably a cyclist as well...

Definitely not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Boots used to sell a spray that hydrates the skin. Ingredients? H2O

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Anything advertised with the phrase "...could help reduce..."

Ed Sheeeran songs to all those deluded fools who still believe a romantic knight- in armour ( ginger and specs optional ) is going to come along and sweep then out of their mundane boring relationships .

Oops69 wrote: »
    Ed Sheeeran songs to all those deluded fools who still believe a romantic knight- in armour ( ginger and specs optional ) is going to come along and sweep then out of their mundane boring relationships .

+1

The guy is no better than any pub singer to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Herbalife.

Senna wrote: »
    Ah Apple fanboy, that explains it.

Apple make superior products.

expensive shoe creams to massage into your new semi-disposable just a little bit better than crap shoes that'll last six months tops , so you can 'massage 'the cream in like you'd nothing else to do with your life , a quick rub with that liquid sponge polish and they'll be grand .

They are crap. Ugly UIs that are unsuitable for use on a TV. They come with bloatware that is supposed to allow you to stream TV for free, which does not work to a standard that I would pay for (if it comes with the box then the whole product is crap I am not bashing the OS).

Yeah well your opinion aside - at 35/40 quid a pop they are hardly preying on anyone..

Sounds like you got a right crock of a box though. No bloatware or scamware on the one I have. Just kodi pretty much. I don't use it much as it goes. I pay for Netflix and now TV.

But at least I know what an android box is and what it's not.

A lot of the issues you bemoan would be specific to the flavor of the android os installed on the box. Sounds like you didn't get a good one. It happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

A piece of sports equipment that was proclaiming to be better than their 6month old version, said increased forgiveness, but when you look at the figures, the old was 1.43 and the new one is 1.44. Increased yes, but in no way enough to notice, but theyll sell millions and everyone wanting the "increased" performance version that costs a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Hows 4K working on your Apple TV?

stimpson wrote: »
    Hows 4K working on your Apple TV?

Much better than the < 720p sh** that Android boxes display using the preloaded apps...

Yeah well your opinion aside - at 35/40 quid a pop they are hardly preying on anyone..

Sounds like you got a right crock of a box though. No bloatware or scamware on the one I have. Just kodi pretty much. I don't use it much as it goes. I pay for Netflix and now TV.

But at least I know what an android box is and what it's not.

A lot of the issues you bemoan would be specific to the flavor of the android os installed on the box. Sounds like you didn't get a good one. It happens.

It is an M8S or something similar. I bought it on the recommendation of someone who swears by it. I was less than impressed. My original Chromecast provided a better experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Mach Two

Coca Cola. They probably spend more money on advertising world wide than Ireland's total GDP. Available in virtually every shop on the planet. I haven't been to every country on the planet I must say but anywhere I've been there surely was no scarcity of it. And all it is is fizzy water. Surely the biggest ever success story in business.

Much better than the < 720p sh** that Android boxes display.

*Plays Mad Max 4K HDR with 7.1 Atmos sound on Shield box*

Right so.

Edit: using preloaded Plex app.

• Advertisement

*Plays Mad Max 4K HDR with 7.1 Atmos sound on Shield box*

Right so.

Edit: using preloaded Plex app.

* Removes hand from under girlfriends bra. *

Ooo 7.1 Atmos sound.

Moving on...

Apple TV 4. Only 1080p video. No HD audio codec support. No 4K game streaming. No HDR. More expensive than an equivalent Nvidia Shield.

Moving on...

Apple TV 4. Only 1080p video. No HD audio codec support. No 4K game streaming. No HDR. More expensive than an equivalent Nvidia Shield.

I have a Full HD TV so 4K makes no difference to me and I do not play games. I am willing to pay the premium for quality and to stay within one "eco-system".

Smart TVs

A horrible, ugly, awful to use UI at several times the cost of a regular TV with an android box.

If you can say your TV is smart, you're probably not

TVs - all of them. The very concept of having a little loud box in your home where people try to sell you crap - be it a product, political agendas, "tv personalities" or whatever - is Orwellian, dystopian stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Pubs. Drink alcohol in a room with other people and pay a fiver per pint for the "privilege".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Has to be psychics. There is nothing more stupid than paying someone money because you believe they can talk to dead people.

RayM wrote: »
    Pubs. Drink alcohol in a room with other people and pay a fiver per pint for the "privilege".

Do you prefer to drink alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

You should have a look at Louise Rossman on YouTube.

A man who makes a living repairing Apple products and goes to great lengths explaining how sh*t and badly engineered they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

TVs - all of them. The very concept of having a little loud box in your home

Buy one with a working volume button next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well if people were products the likes of Paul Murphy and Clare Daly pray on people.

eeguy wrote: »
    You should have a look at Louise Rossman on YouTube.

A man who makes a living repairing Apple products and goes to great lengths explaining how sh*t and badly engineered they are.

I have seen one or two of his videos before. He is a whiny twat and he is not qualified to determine if something is or is not well engineered. He has not got a BEng or any theoretical understanding of electronics that would be required to design a motherboard.

I suggest you look at the benefits IBM reported by switching to MacBooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Do you prefer to drink alone?

In a darkened room. With a revolver for company.

People who argue over apple vs android. Wow those people are dumb.

pajor wrote: »
    The Lotto.

Serves the same function as religion: it sells hope with arguably equally questionable odds. Nothing to sneer at there. Not everything is rational - and even the most rational human being hopes against all odds. I have yet to meet a single person who lives their entire life thinking through everything rationally. Ultimately all lives end alone and in sadness despite how humans dress it up.

If you ever meet an atheist, non-lottery playing person who happily lives each day conscious of the purposelessness and ultimate futility of life and never seeks to hope for a better day for themselves or their loved ones I can't imagine it would be a cheerful, positive meeting.

People who argue over apple vs android. Wow those people are dumb.

Not as dumb as people with retarded usernames.

• Advertisement

Not as dumb as people with retarded usernames.

Pass the aloe vera, that was one hell of a burn.

Pass the aloe vera, that was one hell of a burn.

Poor snowflake.

Poor snowflake.

Ok?

Ok?

Would you rather we talk about gender dystopia or something more high brow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Glad I didn't pay to read this thread.

Rather talk about how Apple are OH MY GAWD so amazeballs

*sent from my cheap Chinese phone*

Rather talk about how Apple are OH MY GAWD so amazeballs

*sent from my cheap Chinese phone*

Did I hit a nerve there? Sorry that you are uncomfortable with your appendage.

Did I hit a nerve there? Sorry that you are uncomfortable with your appendage.

Seems that Hunky Monster did ;)
    We'll talk about gender dystopia and how white men are ruining the world if you want to.

...I think I'll unsub from this thread now.

Ok bye.

• Advertisement

Seems that Hunky Monster did ;)
    We'll talk about gender dystopia and how white men are ruining the world if you want to.

Okay but you can be the one to put the case forward that white men are ruining the world...

Advertisement