Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants to help create a music festival?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

What happened did yer man disappear who started the thread.

He should have got you to book Richard D James.
    We all would of went :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 folkfest83

OP what kind of Folkfest did you have in mind, would there be a session trail, like organising a few pubs to host sessions or did you have something like the old Ballyshannon folk festival in mind with a marquee hosting up and coming trad acts and buzz going out in the streets with buskers, perhaps even a buskers competition, stalls, maybe a few street circus acts performing. All these things can make an event work, like I have seen at Ballyshannon folk festival in Donegal in the nineties and noughties.

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, what you just described from Ballshannon would be the exact type of festival Id be going for, to benefit the area surrounding it and to create a type of buzz that would be a bit of a throwback to festivals years ago.

I've been looking at a few options of where to go next and have been in contact with someone looking to do something in the area but cant say any more at this time.

Advertisement