Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting house rewire signed off

Options
  • 03-07-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Can someone tell me what is the process of getting a full house rewire signed off? I'm just out of my time and am fully competent in rewiring a house But as far as I know you have to get someone in to sign it off, does this mean the job has to be done through the tax system I assume it does thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

You can't just get someone in to sign anymore no matter how competent you are, only the person doing the work can sign the cert.

Perhaps you could join RECI or ECSSA and become registered yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mark085

You can't just get someone in to sign anymore no matter how competent you are, only the person doing the work can sign the cert.

Perhaps you could join RECI or ECSSA and become registered yourself?

I touggt you couldn't sign your own work off as it would be biased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Oops It's SafeElectric you need to join

http://www.reci.ie/ContractorsServices/JoinSafeElectric.aspx

Only once you have had at least one installation checked you can self certify.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Brightspark is correct.
    Only a Registered ELectrical Contractor can do this work, it is not a reflection of your ability.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

You have your answer, thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement