Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICB rating is in the floor

• 03-07-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I was 2 mortgage payment in arrears for a couple of months recently, this was due to unforseen circumstances, in any event three months ago repaid the arrears which were circa 1800e; I'm now fully up to date and haven't missed any further payments.

I applied for a 9k car loan today and was declined,

I'm wondering how long will it take for my credit score to improve; the bank will not give any feed back; and I badly need to upgrade my car, am I now looking at years in this situation?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

john34 wrote: »
    Hi I was 2 mortgage payment in arrears for a couple of months recently, this was due to unforseen circumstances, in any event three months ago repaid the arrears which were circa 1800e; I'm now fully up to date and haven't missed any further payments.

I applied for a 9k car loan today and was declined,

I'm wondering how long will it take for my credit score to improve; the bank will not give any feed back; and I badly need to upgrade my car, am I now looking at years in this situation?

Thanks

I think they generally go back 2 years. However it stays on your record for longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,263 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The previous 24 months are shown on an ICB report. You are very unlikely to get a car loan with two in a row still visible.

Its worthwhile checking your own credit report before applying for anything, as searches done by financial institutions are visible to other institutions and a large amount showing will also prejudice an application

www.icb.ie - sample report with notes at http://www.icb.ie/pdf/Sample%20Credit%20Report.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement