Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court case access/custody

Options
  • 03-07-2017 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi not sure where to post this but here goes. I'm back in court in a few weeks I brought my ex girlfriend to court for access joint custody and guardianship. We broke up months before our daughter was born and had no contact till she text to say she was in labour but I wasn't allowed up until visiting hours I didn't agree an long story short there was a little incident in the hospital when I tried getting up. I seen my daughter the next day she was perfect. We haven't had a good relationship at all she says I have anger problems and do drugs I don't drink so I sometimes get high no big deal an none of her business. We tried mediation an I felt like I was being screwed over so the mediator suggested we meet in a public place as all visits had been supervised we did it went awful we had a huge argument an I said some things I shouldn't have. She got a safety an protectoin order against me I stayed away until our court date as I wasn't sure what I would do I got supervised visits and denied guardianship we went back a few weeks later an we did maintenance an access stayed the same. I've done all I've been asked might have been late a few times an missed 1-2 payments. I'm looking for unspervised visits now take her out with me an then to my parents. She has no not unless I get drug tested anger management and do a parenting course as I've no relationship with our daughter she does cry while I'm there but don't all babies. My question is can a judge make me do a drug test an what happens if I fail cause I probably will.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

1. Probably a better forum: http://touch.boards.ie/forum/251

2. Paragraphs, dude...

Edit: 3. Probably no harm taking your ex's points on board. From the tone of your post, I'm inclined to agree with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GrayM

Thanks wasn't asking if you thought she was right only if the court can make me do a drug test thanks for your reply all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement