Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre Departure Guide for NUIG

• 03-07-2017 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Greetings everybody,
                                     I will be starting my masters in civil engineering from this September at NUIG. I am from India so there is quite a stark contrast between the cultures. I have never been away from my family. To make things a bit more complicated, my flight from New Delhi to Dublin will be my maiden flight as I have never flied before.I request some local people who will go through my thread to please help me out with some details like the weather, basic stuff like mobile operators, banking etc. It will go a long way in helping me.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Anujj wrote: »
    Greetings everybody,
                                     I will be starting my masters in civil engineering from this September at NUIG. I am from India so there is quite a stark contrast between the cultures. I have never been away from my family. To make things a bit more complicated, my flight from New Delhi to Dublin will be my maiden flight as I have never flied before.I request some local people who will go through my thread to please help me out with some details like the weather, basic stuff like mobile operators, banking etc. It will go a long way in helping me.

There is a Bank of Ireland on campus

All mobile operators have good coverage in Galway City.

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/cheapest-mobile-phone-charges.html

Weather is temperate. Never too cold / hot but it rains.

Google and this forum is your friend. There are plenty of guides online, this you will need to do yourself if you google it.

Advertisement