Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absent parent...

Options
  • 03-07-2017 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone .I just wanted to start this conversation and see what different opinions come back .
    Okay so I'm 38 years old so at my age you would think that this should not be a problem but it is a very big over shadow of a problem that just won't leave me that just stays with me everyday .okay so I was brought up by my mum a single mum .my Father never wanted to have anything to do with me .he rejected me .any time I tired to have contact with him he just did not want anything to do with me .he never as much as bought a meal for me to eat .he never as much as gave my mum a single cent towards bringing me up .he had three sons with his wife and gave them the best education you could buy .all three of his sons are very successful .my father is very successful .he is currently or should I say his company's are on the news a lot for being so lucrative .the reason I'm writing this is because I think about him everyday .I actually do daydream that he would come looking for me and say sorry and that he would like a relationship with me .I also would secretly wish he was just your average man no money so I could approach him ..I would love to hear different opinions on this ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

What do you want from this man if the miracle did happen? Money? Recognition? Why do you think that because he's wealthy, or gives that impression at least, that you can't approach him? Rich or poor, you should still be able to approach him if you really wanted to. Have you tried meeting with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Do you really need a father like that, chances are if his sons found out they had a brother they would probably snob you as well. Its differently time to move on you don't need these people your 38 you should have your own family and be the master of your own destiny and look after your mother

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Save a couple of quid each year, when he dies lawyer up and get your equal share along with your siblings. Until then forget about him and enjoy the fact you'll probably be able to retire early on the money you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement