Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4d Toyota Avensis fifth gear problem.

Options
  • 03-07-2017 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have 2003 one off these.. It suddenly started slipping out fifth gear.. Very frustrating.. As I only have it couple month's.. Got a quote off 360 euro.. Bit off a shock...
    Does anyone know Wher I can get this part.. It's called fifth gear cog.. Toyota wants 260 for it..
    Any help be appreciated.. As I wife also has a rav 4 and jus this week same thing has happened to hers 😔

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Try some of the breakers yards around the region

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

If you're not fitting it yourself, would you be better off just getting local mechanic to source it.my experience doing that is better than trying to source yourself...you may know a bit about cars workings though (I know sod all)

Advertisement