Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Lynch Morning Traffic (Northbound)

Options
  • 03-07-2017 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi everyone.

I've just been offered a job in Carrigtwohill. I'm based near Douglas and will need to be out there by probably 8 or 8.30am each morning. Not sure yet. I would be extremely grateful if anyway here could shed some light on the traffic situation in the mornings is like during the Summer now and when schools come back. What time you get there and how long it takes to get through. Or if any could give me a general summary of the traffic situation is like early in the mornings that would be great.

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

In the summer it's not as bad as the rest of the year at that time.
    But you'd still need time.I'm through the tunnel multiple times a day. If your starting at 8.30 in carrigtwohill,you would want the breakfast with ya and eat it in the car park.give yourself plenty of time.

All it takes is a tip near the tunnel and the whole world stops!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭goochy

Not really helpful !
    When schools are on allow about 45 mins and that should give you plenty time to spare !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057563600

See 1st Table in this thread.

Dunkettle Interchange works begin next yr - for 3 yrs.

I'm sure they will do what they can to minimise disruption, but it's going to be fun.

I come through town, and out the Low Rd, to head north most mornings, and the schools being off makes no difference to me :-(

I used to travel from the City to Ringaskiddy, the road to the tunnel used be well backed up from before 8.30am, I used to look at the "parked" cars and be thankful I didn't have to go that way.

I used to work in Carrigtwohill and never left home early enough for the tunnel route to be quicker than going via City Centre.

If you are aiming to be there at 8am you might be ok if hitting tunnel prior to 7.40am ish? Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I aim to get to the tunnel for 07.15-07.20 and no later than 07.30.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Freindly

Thanks everyone. I've been hitting the tunnel at about 7.30, 7.35am. Traffic in the right hand lane is back about maybe 20 cars from the tunnel entrance. Takes about 5 and a bit minutes to get through. Took me a two days before I realized I could use the left hand lane which is a lot more free flowing. Was expecting worse but I guess I'm in for a shock when the schools come back. Did my own mock commute before starting and on my return southbound saw traffic northbound was back to the Mahon merging on ramp at 7.50ish.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

While you'll probably be OK if you're going in at 7:30, when the schools are on the traffic after 8am can be all the way back the link as far as the Rochestown Park or if coming on from the Rochestown Road you could actually be joining traffic on the ramp.

Advertisement