Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator Infringes Rights

Options
  • 04-07-2017 12:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭

I was banned for this...

Originally Posted by mick.oleary View Post
    "Debating on the Internet is a futile exercise..."

Discuss.

My thread resulted in some great answers about some of the benefits people have gained from discussion on Boards. The moderator overstepped the mark and showed poor judgement by banning me. I should be unbanned and receive an apology from the mod for infringing my constitutional rights regarding freedom of speech/press.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, so we'll deal with the last part first. Boards is a private site, you do not have the right to free speech here, constitutional or otherwise.

Secondly, as per the graphic at the top of the page, please confirm that you have attempted to resolve this matter with the mod in question by PM. If not, please do so and let us know what the outcome is. If you have already done so and have not come to an amicable resolution please confirm this and a CMod will review your appeal as soon as they can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭mick.oleary

I have raised the issue and await a response.

The process should be altered however. Using this model a moderator can ban people willy nilly who write topics s/he disagrees with in order to have the post removed and then reverse the ban so as to avoid accountability in this forum but still effectively getting posts removed.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have raised the issue and await a response.
    Your ban was imposed just after midnight last night. Please give the mod a day or two to respond

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OP permabanned for trolling, so locking this one up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement