Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW1070 Dev comFlt

Options
  • 04-07-2017 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

HI I keep getting a Dev ComFlt on OC71 OPC71.

I have an extendable output card located next to the panel. This fault might happen a couple of times a week for a while. I might not get one for weeks then it will happen a few times again. This cycle has been ongoing for a few months now

Can anyone help with why it might be happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

It doesn't seem to be a cabling issue. The version of the panel is v3.1.1

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What other equipment have you connected?
    Have you point ID devices or a GSM unit?
    When the error displays what clears it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jazzermurphy

KoolKid wrote: »
    What other equipment have you connected?
    Have you point ID devices or a GSM unit?
    When the error displays what clears it?

I have a gsm unit on it as well, two rf devices and a keypad along with the normal contacts.

I have to type the code and clear the alarm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you checked all the connections between the panel & the GSM & the panel & the expander?
    After that I would be disconnecting one to try isolate it down to one device.
    Also check the aux voltage into the panel & devices. I have found HKC comms can be very unforgiving of voltage drops.

Have you checked all the connections between the panel & the GSM & the panel & the expander?
    Also check the aux voltage into the panel & devices. I have found HKC comms can be very unforgiving of voltage drops.

I'll check them tonight. But they are right beside each other maybe less than a metre of cable. And the GSM is in the panel. But I'll check anyways.

Thanks for the help

Checked the device wiring, seems fine. The voltage is 14vdc betwen the output card + and -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

I'll check them tonight. But they are right beside each other maybe less than a metre of cable. And the GSM is in the panel. But I'll check anyways.

Thanks for the help

From your explanation its the output card stopping communication with the panel.

Can you check connections to rule this out a loose cable.
    Id down power and reconnect also.

altor wrote: »
    From your explanation its the output card stopping communication with the panel.

Can you check connections to rule this out a loose cable.
    Id down power and reconnect also.

Ok so i checked the connections. Seems fine I powered down the panel (mains and battery) and back up now.

Does Id down power and reconnect mean something different

Ok so i checked the connections. Seems fine I powered down the panel (mains and battery) and back up now.

Does Id down power and reconnect mean something different

I`d, sorry :D

Is it showing any faults after doing same?

I`d, sorry :D

I have powered down the panel before and did not have a communication fault for a while.

Would relays in proximity to the output card cause issues?

• Advertisement

Is it showing any faults after doing same?

No not showing any faults. But it doesn't always show a fault.

It had three faults in the last 24 hours but it hasn't faulted for a while before that

I have powered down the panel before and did not have a communication fault for a while.

Would relays in proximity to the output card cause issues?

I've a good few fitted with no known issues.
    All the output card is doing is switching the 12V supply on the card to the relay.
    Can you post a picture of the way its connected?
    If you have had this fault before Id advise having it looked at.
    Could be the card or panel but by the sounds of it the card.

I've a good few fitted with no known issues.
    All the output card is doing is switching the 12V supply on the card to the relay.
    Can you post a picture of the way its connected?
    If you have had this fault before Id advise having it looked at.
    Could be the card or panel but by the sounds of it the card.

Would be a matter of replacing the output card?

Would be a matter of replacing the output card?

It's zone 7 by the way

It's zone 7 by the way

Can you post a better picture of the outputs?

Can you post a better picture of the outputs?

This ok?

This ok?

Any picture of the relays your tripping?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Are you switching mains 230v AC through those relays on the board? What are they controlling ?

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Are you switching mains 230v AC through those relays on the board? What are they controlling ?

No there are switching 12v ac. The 12v ac then switched a 12v relay switching mains. (Lights mainly).

The 12 ac is from a bell Traffo in the same enclosure.

No there are switching 12v ac. The 12v ac then switched a 12v relay switching mains. (Lights mainly).

The 12 ac is from a bell Traffo in the same enclosure.

I've taking the space at the top of the 10/70 and installed mine in that, then ran switching wires to the relay for the 12V supply. Mains and data close together can get upset at times. Not saying that is your issue but everything looks good in your photos.

• Advertisement

I've taking the space at the top of the 10/70 and installed mine in that, then ran switching wires to the relay for the 12V supply. Mains and data close together can get upset at times. Not saying that is your issue but everything looks good in your photos.

Yeah I didn't think it was data mains issue. The dev comflt is only ever op70 opc71 which is the output card.

But maybe I'll re wire it at the weekend and see if that stops the coms fault

Yeah I didn't think it was data mains issue. The dev comflt is only ever op70 opc71 which is the output card.

But maybe I'll re wire it at the weekend and see if that stops the coms fault

Its the data coms fault on the output card it is telling you.
    Id do that also, just to get the data core away from the mains.

Its the data coms fault on the output card it is telling you.
    Id do that also, just to get the data core away from the mains.

Do you think that after re wire and the fault still presents it is likely a faulty card? And if it is a faulty card do you know how long is the warranty on them?

Do you think that after re wire and the fault still presents it is likely a faulty card? And if it is a faulty card do you know how long is the warranty on them?

Id say so. I haven't come across any of them faulty but if its new enough Id return it to get a replacement.

Id say so. I haven't come across any of them faulty but if its new enough Id return it to get a replacement.

Thanks for your help tonight. Really appreciate it

Always happy to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

When the panel is closed. Is the output card cable near the GSM anttena??? I seen it when the point ID cable was close to the GSM . When the GSM is active it couples into the I'D cable. Try try the cable away from the GSM if it's close.

stuartkee wrote: »
    When the panel is closed. Is the output card cable near the GSM anttena??? I seen it when the point ID cable was close to the GSM . When the GSM is active it couples into the I'D cable. Try try the cable away from the GSM if it's close.

From the pictures it looks like it was in the board with the relays

stuartkee wrote: »

I'm not sure but it could be. I'll check it tomorrow evening and move it. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

no I wouldn't say it's a faulty card. If you do return it they will diagnose the fault to see if it was installed incorrectly.

Have you the app ? An update might solve your problem

Advertisement