Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW1070 Dev comFlt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jazzermurphy

Evolution1 wrote: »
    no I wouldn't say it's a faulty card. If you do return it they will diagnose the fault to see if it was installed incorrectly.

Have you the app ? An update might solve your problem

Yeah I have the app. What is the latest version of the update.

Was speaking with hkc earlier They seem to think that it is the GSM interference with the output card

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Was speaking with hkc earlier They seem to think that it is the GSM interference with the output card

I'd follow their advice first.They are very helpful to the end user.
    Remove that from the system & try for a while I'd say.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'd follow their advice first.They are very helpful to the end user.
    Remove that from the system & try for a while I'd say.

They are very helpful and know their stuff( only sometimes hard to get through to them if you don't have spa number).

I'll get the cable away from gsm tonight hopefully that works.

They are very helpful and know their stuff( only sometimes hard to get through to them if you don't have spa number).

I'll get the cable away from gsm tonight hopefully that works.

*Psa number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

How quick can you access the app ? It could be the gsm interfering with the cable if it's on top of the gsm as the gsm will boost power to try and get a signal if it has poor reception

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

OP
    I meant to ask did you get to check the AUX voltage on the panel, GSM & Expander?

KoolKid wrote: »
    OP
    I meant to ask did you get to check the AUX voltage on the panel, GSM & Expander?

Yeah I did I had 13v at both

Thats good. Nothing drawing power down so.
    A process of elimination I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

!! Do not remove your gsm off the system as you'll have no form of alerts !!

Re route the cable for the output card away from the gsm.

I'd agree. Leave the GSM till last.

• Advertisement

That's what I was going to do. The I'd for the tips and help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

Yeah I have the app. What is the latest version of the update.

Sorry OP, are you saying that tech support in HKC helped you as an end user, did they query who you were at all?

kub wrote: »
    Sorry OP, are you saying that tech support in HKC helped you as an end user, did they query who you were at all?

Yeah they did and have done in the past.

Yeah they did. I explained that I used to work for a PSA holder before and that I had a query on the output card in my own home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

Yeah they did and have done in the past.

Yeah they did. I explained that I used to work for a PSA holder before and that I had a query on the output card in my own home

That is fair enough, thank you.

kub wrote: »
    That is fair enough, thank you.

Yeah they had no intention talking to me until I mentioned that and they checked him up on the system.

Just an update.

So I re routed the cables away from the antenna.

The fault was back the next morning.

The next thing the HKC tech said was that if I had used two cores (doubled up on the cores) to change it to one.

So since I've done that I haven't had a fault on the system.

Thanks everyone for their help and hopefully no more faults

Hopefully that's you sorted.
    Thanks for the update.

Advertisement