Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Game Mod FAQ & Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The voting forms and the backroom permissions are the two things that I'm most unsure about ahead of October. I think the rest of the stuff is manageable but with Pter dipping his toes in the water next month he should have a decent grasp on this stuff ahead of our game and I'll learn on the job.

These are absolutely great though Digi, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I will hesitently say that the permissions on the backroom seem pretty straightforward if you know the backend of a platform like that.

I took a look earlier today and it wasnt as scary as i had feared. We will be ok.

(he says hoping to **** he doesnt mess it up).

Great guide digi - the vote sheet one in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Digi's tutorials are super useful. Permissions are definitely less scary once you've dabbled a bit. TB did most of the work but I wouldn't fear having to set them up now after that experience - apart from maybe the time element!

You'll be grand Necro, I look forward to your game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I would add that making the user groups and matching them to the forums is the most pain in the face part of the permissions.

I don't have access any more to write a step by step, but if anyone needs a hand you can shout, I won't be playing the next game anyway.

In terms of which task to do first, i take it making the user groups comes first before applying permissions....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I made all the user groups first, (and don't forget dead people!) then set up the rooms. Found it the easiest way to go, and that's how I'd normally approach from a SharePoint perspective too so....

Nice one. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah, I wrote that tutorial in three parts, sorry.

I'd go Forum -> User groups -> Permissions

Then set up your new accounts, assign them to their User Groups in the creation and you're done.

As I said, when I'm home I'll flesh it out and add pictures to clear it up, and sort the order out.

Feel free to request any other help anyways

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Feel free to request any other help anyways

Can you help me spot baddies. I'm rubbish at it. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    Can you help me spot baddies. I'm rubbish at it. :(

I can assist you there old buddy old pal:P:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necrominus wrote: »
    I can assist you there old buddy old pal:P:P:P

Awww, thanks Necro. You sound nice. I like you.

Gave your tutorial a run out last night Digi and the game seems ok. Granted Mrs F didnt overcomplicate it, but still - small victories are still victories :)

Pter wrote: »
    Gave your tutorial a run out last night Digi and the game seems ok. Granted Mrs F didnt overcomplicate it, but still - small victories are still victories :)

Sorry, I hadn't seen this.

Was there anything that could be made clearer or omitted steps? I'll be adding photos in future.

Anon Lynch Form

This has all the Anon Names pre-filled.

MAKE A COPY FIRST, THEN USE YOUR COPY FOR THE GAME. Click the 3 dots for settings, and click "Make a Copy", simple as that. Saves me having to reupload every game.

It's the same format as a non-anon lynch form obviously, so you can use the format or delete the names (from your copy ;) ) for non-anon games.

Fantastic!

Sorry, I hadn't seen this.

Was there anything that could be made clearer or omitted steps? I'll be adding photos in future.

i think its the photos that are needed for first time you do something.

The admin CP can be quite daunting. But once you see where everything is, its grand.

One thing that caught me out for the last game was adding 2 permission groups. Not so much how, but when (when a game is over and everyone needs to see everything).

A tidy up guide to leave the place spic and span is prob a good idea too for the mods to come.

Just set everyone to Registered and give Registered viewing access surely?

I had PM'd Max about doing a bit of a cleanup but I'm waiting to hear back, I believe he's travelling. I didn't want to delete anything without his go-ahead, as there are accounts and stuff that aren't ours.

Just set everyone to Registered and give Registered viewing access surely?

I had PM'd Max about doing a bit of a cleanup but I'm waiting to hear back, I believe he's travelling. I didn't want to delete anything without his go-ahead, as there are accounts and stuff that aren't ours.

Yeah that would do it and from trying a few bits i know that, but i was so scared of cocking up, i did each person individually the last time to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I had planned to merge the anon accounts for our game back into their players
    So people/I could thread the game with the normal names attached
    If you could leave those accounts alone till I get a chance I'd appreciate it

Tigger wrote:
    I had planned to merge the anon accounts for our game back into their players So people/I could thread the game with the normal names attached If you could leave those accounts alone till I get a chance I'd appreciate it

.... eh about that...

• Advertisement

.... eh about that...

what

Tigger wrote:
    what

I cleared all the game specific accounts already including the community ones

I cleared all the game specific accounts already including the community ones

so you deleted my game?

i assume ye are joking

Tigger wrote:
    so you deleted my game?

No. I cleared any user accounts that weren't in use.

well i cant see the game for bad moon rising
    is it a permissions thing?

btw i had planned to use them again and i think Andy had similar plans, they wern't exactly taking up space.

Tigger wrote:
    well i cant see the game for bad moon rising is it a permissions thing?

I dunno I don't have admin rights anymore.
    Deleting the accounts attached to the other games had no effect on the threads so I'd be surprised if its related

I dunno I don't have admin rights anymore.
    Deleting the accounts attached to the other games had no effect on the threads so I'd be surprised if its related

does mean i cant merge the acounts like i wanted to

Tigger wrote: »
    does mean i cant merge the acounts like i wanted to

I don't know, but at a guess I'd say it does. You could ask Pter to give you admin access to see

• Advertisement

I don't know, but at a guess I'd say it does. You could ask Pter to give you admin access to see

will do

Advertisement