Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this normal in the PT world?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

caimitator wrote: »
    She mentioned that if I chose to proceed with the training we would be doing food plans and measurements.
    During the session, she said she had been sending all her clients to her best mate for their food plan and gave me the number which I texted.

I met up with the best mate, who is trying to charge €150 for four weeks of planning. This, I was told, includes a €30 discount because I'm a client of the PT's.

So she said she'd include food plans in with your regime, and now she's sending you to her mate at an extra cost of €150?

I'd be getting that refund ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

I met up with the best mate, who is trying to charge €150 for four weeks of planning. This, I was told, includes a €30 discount because I'm a client of the PT's.

I was all up for giving this a second shot, but that's ridiculous. Perhaps, unfortunately this is now the norm in the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭caimitator

Pelvis wrote: »
    So she said she'd include food plans in with your regime, and now she's sending you to her mate at an extra cost of €150?

I'd be getting that refund ASAP.

Exactly. I've text messages where she's said "we'll sort your food out, don't worry." Then that happened yesterday.

Today when I got in, she was referring another client to this mate and the measurements she took today from me were going to be sent to this mate (who's also a trainer, not a nutritionist). In my naivety, I thought from the outset she'd be the one doing the food because she said she would.

I'm actually just flabbergasted.

I'm based in North Dublin.

If someone runs late that's their problem, the trainer should be strict with time slots.

In my third ever session, I showed up 7 mins late and there was no allowance made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

In my third ever session, I showed up 7 mins late and there was no allowance made.

Nor should there have been. But it seems she making allowances for other people and not for others?

Anyway, get back to her about that refund!

• Advertisement

So, I decided to continue with the sessions and not sign up with her best mate for the food planning.

Yesterday, she asked me about my food and I said I was being good-ish. She said that ALL her clients who had signed up with her mate were down 5 pounds.

Today, we are meant to be having a session at 3pm. At 12:04pm I got a txt saying "I might be 5 mins late today X is doing my nails at 2.15 just incase"

At 14:52 I got a txt saying "it's going to be 3.15 if that's ok?" I didn't reply and she sent another one saying "No one after you so still an hour"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I mean, at this stage, joke's on you tbh.

What gym do you train in, out of interest? I'd like to be able to advise friends to steer clear of the PT if possible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,604 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The friend doing the food planning was a side issue in this whole farce. The main one being the PT is a complete joke.

Delaying training because her nails? What the actual f**k?

A total lack of respect for you as a client. You can be sure that anything she does with you will be phoned in and some cookie cutter bullsh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

For goodness sake just cut your losses and be done with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Jesus this is getting confusing

Slow down because you're flipping between the 12hr and the 24hr clock, hurts by brain

• Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm based in North Dublin.

Lads, any recommendations for her? Everybody has made a point about how unprofessional her current PT is. Let's find her a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

North Dublin....

1. Revfit by a country and international mile (Tell James Boards.ie sent you)
    2. ABS Gym (have never trained there, could be a bit powerlifty for the OP)

Both of those in Glasnevin on Ballyboggan Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

ABS gym - 100%

Or better yet - go to Transform and get a program.

Advertisement