Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Clan clean up/migrations/management

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Theirs no benefit to having this argument again.

I raided twice last week with boards people , and did 2 nightfalls.

Was a bit busy with work this week gone so had not posted on boards or communities just got invites as I was online.

All I was saying was I wouldn't limit activity to what you see posted on communities or on boards. Especially as you have both your friend list and clan roster in game.

I would 100% agree with you in there not being a point of bringing the argument back up.

Unfortunately no one wanted it to turn into an argument but grown men (apparently) couldn't handle having their decisions questioned and threw the toys out of the pram and from posts/replies since it's pretty clear this is still the case.

Anyway if you ever wanna party up drop me a line or just hop into my party if you see me on, always happy to game with anyone that is part of this community.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What's that supposed to mean?

It's cool you're raiding and doing nightfalls with clan people? What do you want from me?

You running stuff with clan people has zero relevance to people who do nowt with the clan getting booted for doing nowt with the clan.

Edit: actually - i can see where you would gather the meaning that not using communities means an assumption of inactivity and thus booting. Not the case. If you are active in the clan then great. If you don't play with the clan and haven't been arsed even signing up for the community then we will assume you are only in the clan to get your engrams - in which case you will get booted.

If you play with the clan, however you organise it, then there is no issue and no booting.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I would 100% agree with you in there not being a point of bringing the argument back up.

Unfortunately no one wanted it to turn into an argument but grown men (apparently) couldn't handle having their decisions questioned and threw the toys out of the pram and from posts/replies since it's pretty clear this is still the case.

Anyway if you ever wanna party up drop me a line or just hop into my party if you see me on, always happy to game with anyone that is part of this community.

What, exactly, are yiu referring to? Where have toys been thrown? Only little dig I have seen is your big boys decisions comment, so how about you be less snide and say what you want t to say?

What, exactly, are yiu referring to? Where have toys been thrown? Only little dig I have seen is your big boys decisions comment, so how about you be less snide and say what you want t to say?

Doesn't really take a genius to work out now does it? I've said it before.

If you want a blow by blow id be happy to discuss this with you in a party where it won't take us hours of back and forth on this.

Doesn't really take a genius to work out now does it? I've said it before.

If you want a blow by blow id be happy to discuss this with you in a party where it won't take us hours of back and forth on this.
    So you are dragging up arguments from a week or more ago and not referring to something said in the last day? Cause that's just weird.

Comments in recent days: can I join the clan? There's no room in the clan. We will look at kicking people who are inactive in the clan.

None of those seem like they are 'big boys' either being questioned or kicking off over being questioned.

• Advertisement

So you are dragging up arguments from a week or more ago and not referring to something said in the last day? Cause that's just weird.

Comments in recent days: can I join the clan? There's no room in the clan. We will look at kicking people who are inactive in the clan.

None of those seem like they are 'big boys' either being questioned or kicking off over being questioned.

Cool story.

Again i would be more than happy to have a DISCUSSION with you in a party anytime we are both active.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Essentially give it a week or two and see have player numbers dwindled.
    I'd say we're safely past the "growth" phase now.
    As Conovar said, having Clan 3 opened up for the sake of a handful would be bit of a does, even just in terms of Clan rewards.
    In terms of being short a 6th, if you've posted in communities and/or here and fired off some party invites (if relevant) and had no success, there's still always LFG sites

Well if it does come to it that we see in anflux of new members I dont mind dropping out of Clan 1 to help the new Clan 3 guys out (You can call the clan "Boards.ie Noob Farm"), then they graduate to Clan 1 or 2 when space frees up or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'd say replying to posts with "cool story" could be seen as a dig and snide to he honest.

I'd say replying to posts with "cool story" could be seen as a dig and snide to he honest.

From my side (and you can see the edit where I come back to see where the difference is) I didn't understand why you were telling that story.

My thinking at the time was:

People who are inactive in the clan will get booted after some time, having been given a chance.

You commenting that you are active in the clan didn't seem to have any relevance to that discussion.

I didn't mean it to be snide - but I can see that interpretation now - it was meant in a 'I have no idea what to do with that information' kinda way. It didn't argue against my position.

I can see how, reading back, how you could feel it was being said "If you are not active in communities you will be kicked". That isn't the reality of the situation and not the message people should be taking.

If you join the clan but:

1. Don't play with anyone in the clan.
    2. Don't join the community.
    3. Don't try to play with anyone in the clan.
    4. Don't communicate in anyway, or make any effort to communicate.

(also its not a miss one of those and you are out thing - if you do NONE of that, why shouldn't you (royal you) be kicked?)

You should be kicked, to make room for people who do want to join the clan and participate in the game with people in the clan.

If you have only joined the clan to get the Clan engrams, imo you should not be in the clan.

With relation to the 4 points above - that is the message I was working to so your story about participating with the clan, talking to people with the clan and arranging stuff with the clan didn't fall under any issue where there could be any discussion of you, or anyone like you, being kicked. It just won't happen.

Would we like everyone to use communities and find it an effective way of finding another couple of people for an activity - yep. Do we think there is a better, more workable solution? Nope - and no one has offered one. Do I wish notifications worked - yep. Do I think notifications working would solve everything? Nope - i think any issues with forming up teams goes way beyond notifications simply not working and people are ignoring that and focusing on that one problem.

Would we like everyone to use communities and find it an effective way of finding another couple of people for an activity - yep. Do we think there is a better, more workable solution? Nope - and no one has offered one. Do I wish notifications worked - yep. Do I think notifications working would solve everything? Nope - i think any issues with forming up teams goes way beyond notifications simply not working and people are ignoring that and focusing on that one problem.

Fair enough we will put it down to poor communication, nobody was arguing against communities at all here it was no dig at all I even said people are not using "communities OR boards"

• Advertisement

From my side (and you can see the edit where I come back to see where the difference is) I didn't understand why you were telling that story.

Missed the edit.

Fair enough.

But why lately is it that every slight disagreement is turning into a row. Its getting annoying at this stage.

(Not aimed at you, or anyone else in particular)

Missed the edit.

Fair enough.

But why lately is it that every slight disagreement is turning into a row. Its getting annoying at this stage.

(Not aimed at you, or anyone else in particular)

Cause Destiny 2 FECKING SUCKS.:mad::pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cause Destiny 2 FECKING SUCKS.:mad::pac:

What version of the game does that? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    What version of the game does that? :eek:

That's coming :eek: in a future DLC. Where do you think "Lady" Efrideet and Eris Morn are? They off getting trained up by Harvey Weinstein. :D

That's coming :eek: in a future DLC. Where do you think "Lady" Efrideet and Eris Morn are? They off getting trained up by Harvey Weinstein. :D

Petra better be with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Petra better be with them :D

Bit a symmetry there too... 3 eyes 2 eyes 1 eye. :cool:

The fewer number of eyes, your accuracy goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Remember, Communities has simply replaced the large 100 person PSN group messages.
    It isn't supposed to be (and never was) a place where 100% of the communication happens (or else!!!).

If we do end up with a demand for 210 clan spots, when there are 200 active people who own Destiny 2 and are participating somehow in the Clan we'll look at opening Clan 3. Right now, the 200 that are in Clan 1 & 2 are not all created equal.

Many have not bought the game, some are blow ins and have ignored our (oft repeated) attempts to involve them (just there for the rewards), some are legacy D1 players who haven't been active in a long while, some are players who found us not through friends or boards (and instead through searching Bungie) so we try and debate who should be there and there's not always a 100% right answer

I was going to post here about the "row" which it turned into when someone wouldn't discuss valid points being raised, but since I've been removed from the community by that same person I guess I don't have a say anymore.

Its sad really, sad on a personal front because anything I've ever posted here was trying to help a community I have been part of and very much enjoyed for years, I've had some great times with the boards guys.

Its also sad that a grown man, if you'd call him that cant have a discussion over things, his reactions to different ideas/opinions being that similar to a 14 year old girl.

As I've had so many great memories I wish the Boards community the best of luck in the future and I really do hope it works out for you guys.

If anyone, and yes I mean anyone would like to have a bit of craic, sh!te talk or even some help with this game please add me and when I can I'll give you a hand, and by a hand I mean shoot as many things in the face as fast as possible because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Regards
    ImANoob08

I was going to post here about the "row" which it turned into when someone wouldn't discuss valid points being raised, but since I've been removed from the community by that same person I guess I don't have a say anymore.

Its sad really, sad on a personal front because anything I've ever posted here was trying to help a community I have been part of and very much enjoyed for years, I've had some great times with the boards guys.

Its also sad that a grown man, if you'd call him that cant have a discussion over things, his reactions to different ideas/opinions being that similar to a 14 year old girl.

As I've had so many great memories I wish the Boards community the best of luck in the future and I really do hope it works out for you guys.

If anyone, and yes I mean anyone would like to have a bit of craic, sh!te talk or even some help with this game please add me and when I can I'll give you a hand, and by a hand I mean shoot as many things in the face as fast as possible because I have no idea what I'm doing.

Regards
    ImANoob08

The community has always been for Boards Clan 1 and 2 members. You chose to leave the clan, and thus chose to leave the community. You were not kicked from the community for any reason to do with disagreements or arguments. If you were still in the clan you would still be in the community chat.

Personally I am very disappointed with how everything has gone to be honest. Its a sad, sad state of affairs where things have got to.

There is likely a point, maybe past, where a line should have been drawn but I don't know how to fix any of this sh1t now.

I would also point out that any discussion topic raised has been discussed ad nausium. I don't know what topic you think was refused discussion.

The community has always been for Boards Clan 1 and 2 members. You chose to leave the clan, and thus chose to leave the community. You were not kicked from the community for any reason to do with disagreements or arguments. If you were still in the clan you would still be in the community chat.

Personally I am very disappointed with how everything has gone to be honest. Its a sad, sad state of affairs where things have got to.

There is likely a point, maybe past, where a line should have been drawn but I don't know how to fix any of this sh1t now.

I would also point out that any discussion topic raised has been discussed ad nausium. I don't know what topic you think was refused discussion.

Me and you both know that there are people in the community chat not in the clan, but lets not get into another argument.

The problem here is and has been the refusal to engage in a discussion and thus led people to believe the people running the community don't really care about the views of the people they see as below them.

I was always more than happy to talk with anyone in a party and try bash heads and figure out a way to make this community successful again, because being honest its been a ghost town (this isn't entirely the fault of the guys leading the community) but for whatever reason this was never taken on board.

I would still be happy to do this but I'll be staying put where I am.

I'm also still very happy as I've said before to play with anyone from the boards clan and if anyone ever needs a hand they can always still call on me, this includes the people I have had disagreements with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm also still very happy as I've said before to play with anyone from the boards clan and if anyone ever needs a hand they can always still call on me, this includes the people I have had disagreements with.

Same here fwiw

Had no interest in remaining a clan member once one of the admins decided to not play with me again and make ultimatums to others about playing with me, even in other games.

I've enjoyed the years of playing Destiny with others and have made friends here through it but the toxicity of late is horrendous. Life is too short

Me and you both know that there are people in the community chat not in the clan, but lets not get into another argument.

The problem here is and has been the refusal to engage in a discussion and thus led people to believe the people running the community don't really care about the views of the people they see as below them.

I was always more than happy to talk with anyone in a party and try bash heads and figure out a way to make this community successful again, because being honest its been a ghost town (this isn't entirely the fault of the guys leading the community) but for whatever reason this was never taken on board.

I would still be happy to do this but I'll be staying put where I am.

Honestly I am not aware of anyone in community who is not in the clan. Its regularly checked.

I've seen your party suggestion previously - I'm not sure how a private chat rather than a public discussion on thread is a good course of action to improve things.

I've really thought about how the communication problems in the clans could be fixed but I can't see any other solution that is on console, mobile and allows all members of both clans to communicate. I wish the PSN Messages limit was more than 100, but it isn't and none of the admin want to get into a situation of deciding who gets to talk and who doesn't.
    anyone to kick them out of anything (one recent issue between two clan members blew up but that wasn't an admin vs whoever thing, whatever people think). We've not tried to banish people. We've not tried to punish people. We've not tried to blackball dissenting voices.

All we have done is tried to move the communication that went on between 100 selected members on the PSN messages to communication between all clan members on Communities. Its not gone as anyone would have liked. That has snowballed to where we are now, which is sh1t.

Honestly I am not aware of anyone in community who is not in the clan. Its regularly checked.

I've seen your party suggestion previously - I'm not sure how a private chat rather than a public discussion on thread is a good course of action to improve things.

I've really thought about how the communication problems in the clans could be fixed but I can't see any other solution that is on console, mobile and allows all members of both clans to communicate. I wish the PSN Messages limit was more than 100, but it isn't and none of the admin want to get into a situation of deciding who gets to talk and who doesn't.
    anyone to kick them out of anything (one recent issue between two clan members blew up but that wasn't an admin vs whoever thing, whatever people think). We've not tried to banish people. We've not tried to punish people. We've not tried to blackball dissenting voices.

All we have done is tried to move the communication that went on between 100 selected members on the PSN messages to communication between all clan members on Communities. Its not gone as anyone would have liked. That has snowballed to where we are now, which is sh1t.

I understand why it would be better here but its very hard to get a good discussion through a forum, maybe a discord channel for one time only so everyone could get involved, although I know a lot of people on mics can get messy.

I don't know what the solution is, I wish I did, but boards need to find something that works because as is it feels like its dying and no one wants that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's unfortunate that this has gone the way it has gone.
    That being said, trying to come up with a good solution to this has been something thats been on a lot of our minds for a few weeks now.
    I think if everyone can breathe a bit and relax, it's something that can be worked out.
    We're gonna try find a solution which we can get everyones feedback on (even through a Poll if needs must)
    But with so many moving parts, we just want to work out the logistics of this and, importantly, the wording.
    It'll need to be something that is fair, manageable and sustainable.
    There'll probably be some walls of text incoming soon, I would appreciate some patience (the Tuesday after a bank holiday in work is always hell) as we do, ultimately, want to try do the right thing even if that means pivoting away from what we're currently doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You're never going to keep a couple of hundred people happy. Coming from a much smaller clan where there was always drama and controversy (generally involving me) I'm quite happy how it works. I don't feel obliged to do anything and get quite a relaxed vibe from it all.

It's unfortunate that this has gone the way it has gone.
    That being said, trying to come up with a good solution to this has been something thats been on a lot of our minds for a few weeks now.
    I think if everyone can breathe a bit and relax, it's something that can be worked out.
    We're gonna try find a solution which we can get everyones feedback on (even through a Poll if needs must)
    But with so many moving parts, we just want to work out the logistics of this and, importantly, the wording.
    It'll need to be something that is fair, manageable and sustainable.
    There'll probably be some walls of text incoming soon, I would appreciate some patience (the Tuesday after a bank holiday in work is always hell) as we do, ultimately, want to try do the right thing even if that means pivoting away from what we're currently doing.

Just to be 100% clear on this post - we are not making any decisions in the background. Nothing is being set in stone via admins chatting.

We are discussing various different options, and we will present and discuss all these different options with everyone on here and that discussion will be what decides the next steps.

As Generic says, we want to present fair and managable solutions to various different issues - just give us a little time to word it out. Hopefully will be quick enough.

For myself, I'm not happy with where things have got to - and I'm hoping that we can all discuss what is best for everyone moving moving forward from this point - whatever that solution looks like. IMO the Boards.ie Community (as in right here) is where our starting point should be. I don't want to lose gaming-touch (oooh-eer) with a number of people on here just because they are not in the same clan as me. We need to foster our commuity. Just this weekend me and CDB helped a new clan member do a few nightfalls - and found out he never beat Calus. Within 30 minutes we were starting a run through the raid with him, thanks to Wonda (amongst others) hoping in to help. Wonda hoped in again Sunday night to get it finished. I'd love to help people with him again, and play with Noob more etc - I don't want to see devides get any deeper. We need to find solutions to any arguments we are having. Hopefully we will.

In light of the all the issues that are being discussed in the Clan Migration thread, and all the issues with communities etc - we are looking at trying to get solutions. We’re thinking of doing a poll, what options should we look at including? So far we have these 3 ideas, any other suggestions

1. 2 New PSN Chat Messages - one for each clan.
    2. 1 PSN Chat for most active players, Communities used for overflow and LFG
    3. Discord Server.

In addition, Communities will be opened to everyone on boards.ie (previously clan only) who wants access, whatever clan you are in or not in a clan at all - while we also look any other solutions in the forthcoming discussions. We aren't going to publicly open it for entry cause we don't want randoms, but if you want in to Communities while these discussions are ongoing, just let me know.

The three options above are just starting points for discussions. It isn't limited to that and isn't limited to any one thing.

I will point out I am big fan of Discord - in that I like the way we could set up whatever users - and then have dedicated channels for PVP, Raiding, Strikes, Particular Activities, off topic chats - and also bring have channels for other games (such as Overwatch, Fortnite, TrickyTowers.

Big issue is that it is not available as a native app on playstation and is another different communication tool.

I'd vote for new PSN chats, in some form, and a discord server covering everything from a larger view. PSN for more 'need someone right now' type stuff. Discord wouldn't have a player limit either, same as communities, so you can invite everyone. Phone notifications work with discord too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Threads merged, one is more than enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just to be 100% clear on this post - we are not making any decisions in the background. Nothing is being set in stone via admins chatting.

We are discussing various different options, and we will present and discuss all these different options with everyone on here and that discussion will be what decides the next steps.

As Generic says, we want to present fair and managable solutions to various different issues - just give us a little time to word it out. Hopefully will be quick enough.

For myself, I'm not happy with where things have got to - and I'm hoping that we can all discuss what is best for everyone moving moving forward from this point - whatever that solution looks like. IMO the Boards.ie Community (as in right here) is where our starting point should be. I don't want to lose gaming-touch (oooh-eer) with a number of people on here just because they are not in the same clan as me. We need to foster our commuity. Just this weekend me and CDB helped a new clan member do a few nightfalls - and found out he never beat Calus. Within 30 minutes we were starting a run through the raid with him, thanks to Wonda (amongst others) hoping in to help. Wonda hoped in again Sunday night to get it finished. I'd love to help people with him again, and play with Noob more etc - I don't want to see devides get any deeper. We need to find solutions to any arguments we are having. Hopefully we will.

This is quite frankly, a terrific post. Fair play.

If somebody had said something along the lines of this last week instead of "L0l nice rant! status quo stays" I probably would have stayed in the clan.

I hope you guys can ultimately get this sorted out so that friends and regular destiny fans can play together easily without some of the annoyances that have gone on.

Despite everything, I echo Noob's sentiments about being happy to party up with anyone who needs a hand doing stuff or wants a sherpa through the raid.

Advertisement