Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec s80 problem

Options
  • 04-07-2017 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I have rent an appartment and it has an astec s80 alarm system installed; however, it is displaying an error message. I think it is related to the battery.

I do not have any user guide or installation manual. would you be kind to send me a copy Astec Installation/Engineer's Manual? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi we are no longer allowed use Boards.ie to share manuals. However , if you tell us what the error(s) are I'm sure we can help you.
    Have you a message on the screen saying call engineer?
    If so post back with the 2 digit number in front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roibasp

Hi Koolkid, thanks for your prompt response. The error code is 61.

Do you know if there is anyway I can get the user guides? I have surfed the Internet but haven't found anything.

Thanks so much,
    Pablo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi call engineer 61 is a battery fault.
    The main battery needs replacing.
    This is the one you need.
    s-l300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Roibasp wrote: »
    The error code is 61.

Do you know if there is anyway I can get the user guides?

To replace the battery.

You need to turn off the mains going to the panel.
    Open the top lid by turning the 2 plastic screws to vertical and pull the top lid towards you.
    Remove the battery link. Its at the very right hand side of the PCB.
    Remove the 3 screws holding on bottom cover.
    There are 2 screws holding the PCB in place, remove these.
    When you remove the PCB you will see the back up battery.
    Replace the battery, make sure to observe polarity when connecting new battery.
    Replace the PCB making sure not to catch any of the battery leads.
    Replace the bottom cover, replace the battery link to power the system up.
    The alarm will sound, your user code will disarm it.
    Replace the lid and turn back on the mains.

Advertisement