Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Primary Class Names

Options
  • 04-07-2017 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello,

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer holidays. I just have a question for any teachers out their in relation to what they call each class group in their school.

I know that a lot of school use trees such as 1-Beech, 1-Elm, 1-Oak etc or saints such as St. Kevin, St. Brigid etc.

I was just wondering does any teacher out there have any system of naming class groups in their school they think works well and that perhaps is a bit more unique?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

foremee wrote: »
    Hello,

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer holidays. I just have a question for any teachers out their in relation to what they call each class group in their school.

I know that a lot of school use trees such as 1-Beech, 1-Elm, 1-Oak etc or saints such as St. Kevin, St. Brigid etc.

I was just wondering does any teacher out there have any system of naming class groups in their school they think works well and that perhaps is a bit more unique?

Go by your subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bean Scoile

Scientists, composers, Irish poets, folklore legends, rivers, mountains, islands...

I like when the yearhead makes it personal to them, their interests, their subjects. I think it's good for the kids as a sense of identity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Abba songs - Supertroupers, Man in the Middle and the Dum Dum Diddles.

Ah no, I jest. I always like the river/lake/mountain names as they have no connotations, though the kids soon work out the pecking order (if there is one).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Even in the Gaeltacht it only takes a few days for kids to work out the pecking order. Then the Bob the Builder/ "Rang Speisialta" songs start with earnest. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Aw just have A, B, C, the names sound so lovely!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

We just have A, B, C but we don't stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Keep it simple with ABCD etc. In my school the A class studied German and BCD studied French. No streaming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

The great houses from GOT was suggested by our students council

Advertisement