Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool membership

• 04-07-2017 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a gym in the city or surrounding area who do a swimming pool only membership?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

Does anyone know of a gym in the city or surrounding area who do a swimming pool only membership?

The UL Arena do so. For the year it is €360.

http://www.ulsport.ie/ularena/public/

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

lockman wrote: »
    The UL Arena do so. For the year it is €360.

http://www.ulsport.ie/ularena/public/

Thanks for that. I MAY drown trying to swim a full length of that at a time though. At least while I build up. So if anyone knows of a non-olympic sized pool membership only, that'd be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Also joined UL one year it was BS as I wanted to swim weekends and every other weekend in the summer they hold swim galas so you couldn't use it.

In joined the Woodlands now as I am out that side but they don't do gym only.

wingnut wrote: »
    Also joined UL one year it was BS as I wanted to swim weekends and every other weekend in the summer they hold swim galas so you couldn't use it.

In joined the Woodlands now as I am out that side but they don't do gym only.

The Arena has changed now. They have opened a new 25 m pool adjacent to the existing one so even when galas are on, the public can still swim.

Thanks for that. I MAY drown trying to swim a full length of that at a time though. At least while I build up. So if anyone knows of a non-olympic sized pool membership only, that'd be great.

You are not obliged to swim the 50 m. During public hours, the pool is sectioned off into different areas: one of these being a shallow, approx. 15 m area that is used a lot by parents and children and those learning.

I'd try a few of the hotels with pools around town (The Clayton, The Strand, Castletroy Park). I am sure they would offer pool only membership or try and accommodate you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

Grove island

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

I've actually found that the Castleoaks in Castleconnel do it. It's €290 for a year, not a bad price at all.

Advertisement