Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning

Options
  • 04-07-2017 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭

I recieved a warning for "posting after 2 mods said to move on"

In fact one mod "Officially!" said to move on .... with MOD typed in his post..
    The other Mod posted as if it was just a normal post ,and not an "official" , without saying it was a MOD directive!
    When i questioned the warning , i stated that fact , and was told we "should take it as read" that when a mod posts , it is a directive ??
    I cant give my opinion on something that was a topic, but i have to take everything/anything posted by a Mod as gospel and the law ?
    How can that be right?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hi there, I'll have a look into this for you.

Have you tried to resolve this with the mod?

If so can you forward the exchange by PM or post it here?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hi there, I'll have a look into this for you.

Have you tried to resolve this with the mod?

If so can you forward the exchange by PM or post it here?

Thanks.

Hi, Yes i have.
    It was decided against me, and the decision stood....

Thanks for the PMs, I'll have a look this evening.

Hi Greenspurs,

I see no reason to overturn the card issued. There were requests from mods to move on from what was being discussed. After the warnings you asked a question regarding photos and what was allowed/not allowed. This was explained by a mod. Jump forward 24 hours and you again decide to discuss the issue that you, and other posters, were asked to move on from.

You can of course discuss a topic in the thread but when one, or two, mods ask you to move on and you don't, then there's an issue. Lucyfur decided to issue a yellow as a warning and was right to do so in my opinion. You were asked to move on and you didn't.

If you don't agree you can request a review by an admin.

Please also note that this is your second yellow in S&S and as per the charter, another action and your access may be removed. Please keep this in mind when posting in future
    mike_ie wrote: »
    CRITERIA FOR REMOVAL

Posters will have their access to Sex and Sexuality removed if:
    1. they haven't participated in the forum in 6 months.
    2. they have accumulated three actions against them in S&S

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,406 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The first mod announced he was a MOD and said move on,
    The second one did not say he was a mod, or that he was posting as a mod...

Mods need to be fair, instead of sticking up for other mods that are announcing on threads that other people have complained about the mods posts!
    Boards is being killed ....

I want an admin to look at this "Warning" also .....

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ok, here is the admin review.

An on-thread warning was posted to move on from the controversy by Neyite. Even taking that on its own, you were still posting about the topic that you and others had been asked to move on from not just a few minutes later, which might be acceptable depending on the circumstances, but three days later. There was also a subsequent warning to move on, again from Neyite, which was a reply to a reply to her original warning. So, unless you are incapable of following a conversation, you couldn't have mistake that for anything other than the mod warning that it was.

It couldn't be more clear cut. Whether there was one or two mod warnings, you ignored one or both. A yellow card in the circumstances is exceptionally lenient.

Notwithstanding that it had already been highlighted to you that 3 mod actions result in removal and while you had two active actions against you, this morning you go and further discuss moderator actions in-thread.

The (again, exceptionally lenient) S&S mods were holding off taking action in relation to that pending the outcome of this DRP. I'm not dancing that dance. Your overall posting history in that forum is abominable and littered with many instances of ignoring site-wide and forum-specific rules that weren't actioned due to undue leniency.

I am removing your access to the forum. You may not request access in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement