Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change

Options
  • 04-07-2017 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey folks. This has been on my mind a lot lately. I work in the science/medical device sector and I have decided that this is no longer for me anymore. Not just this job or company but all science/medical devices/pharmaceutical companies. I am not going to go into the details as to why, I just need a serious change.

My question is has anyone (I am sure there is someone) done this before? As in a complete change, re-train as something else etc. Was it difficult? Was it the right decision?

My biggest problem is the wage. I am on an OK salary but it is no longer about the money. However, I am constantly concerned about paying a loan and mortgage if I decide to go back an re-train. There is also the concern that the sector I end up re-training in may not be the most financially viable.

Thanks folks.

Comments

Advertisement