Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers including friends and family

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Someone (on here I think) made the point a while ago that she does seem to have gotten lost. As you have said, you need to have structure in your daily life if you aren't working outside the home. I know when I was on maternity, I had to be up and dressed when my husband was leaving, it just made me feel better. The thing with Grace is, she is meant to be a working mum, granted a self employed one but still but even that seems to have taken a back seat. Her appearance is shocking most days for someone who pushed beauty and lifestyle. She rarely goes to events/launches, you hear more and more of her deciding not to go to them, or leaving it last minute to organise a childminder. As long as she has enablers surrounding her, telling her how amazing she is, anything else would be seen as bullying or hate.

My only argument on that would be, I started following her when she was about 3 months pregnant, just after she left work I believe, and honestly, I was shocked at how little she did even then. I know everyone reacts to pregnancy differently but she had no health issues that she spoke of (and you know she would have). She just spent her days lying about, eating and complaining about being tired, she was better than she is now as she had more free time, but not much honestly. As someone who was 3 months ahead of her, and I have 10 years on her working 40 hours a week, I just couldn't relate to her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

FBG: Tuesday is usually my work day but I'm not working today. I'm going to cook salmon and wash some clothes.

Unfollow.

Since when?? I wish you could go back on Snapchat and see exactly how much work she's done the past few months on a Tuesday, or any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

FBG: Tuesday is usually my work day but I'm not working today.
    A work day?1 ONE work day?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That's actually hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    FBG: Tuesday is usually my work day but I'm not working today.
    A work day?1 ONE work day?!
    In fairness, it explains why that ****ty box took 6 months to put together when it should have taken 2 weeks max to get the brands ok and design the box etc. But of course that would be with someone actually working hard full time on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Absolutely, most people want to show their best side and why not. Most people don't whine about it though and start crying and saying what would my mother think! If she wants the upside of blogging there must be a balance, not everyone will like her. I'm a big fan of hers since the beginning but I felt she was very childish in her handling of it. It took days of people sending her supportive messages in order to perk herself up, according to her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I loved her blog at the start but felt it changed a bit still like some things on it if people are commenting about weight or body thats not fair tho

• Advertisement

By all means call out someone not # or anything like that but it's not ok to body shame someone. Even if she does seem a little over sensitive to some people, it's not ok.

I know I try to turn my face a certain way when in photos. I do wish the legs crossed pose would stop, it makes most people look like they're holding in a wee

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Lindy97 wrote:
    By all means call out someone not # or anything like that but it's not ok to body shame someone. Even if she does seem a little over sensitive to some people, it's not ok.

I don't think she was body shamed. It's a fact, she does look slimmer in her own photos than she does in real life, I've met her. She's lovely btw. Edit away or take 10 photos until you find one you like but then don't whine when it's questioned when your image is one of the reasons you're followed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Just saw on FBG snaps there that someone apparently messaged her (Not clear, she made it sound like someone did) and told her she's fat and to get a job because she does nothing.

I know her lack of content has become frustrating for a lot of people who follow her (myself included) but calling her fat is ridiculous and cruel. What is wrong with people making fake accounts just to go and say something nasty. They clearly do less with their lives then she does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

ace_irl wrote: »
    Just saw on FBG snaps there that someone apparently messaged her (Not clear, she made it sound like someone did) and told her she's fat and to get a job because she does nothing.

I know her lack of content has become frustrating for a lot of people who follow her (myself included) but calling her fat is ridiculous and cruel. What is wrong with people making fake accounts just to go and say something nasty. They clearly do less with their lives then she does.
    I'm not her biggest fan but that's uncalled for! Exactly; why would someone go through the bother of doing something like that to someone - did they think it was going prompt her into working out loads and being strict with her diet? Did they think it was going to inspire her to write loads of blog posts or to go back into employment? No it was done to hurt her and there's no excuse for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I'm not her biggest fan but that's uncalled for! Exactly; why would someone go through the bother of doing something like that to someone - did they think it was going prompt her into working out loads and being strict with her diet? Did they think it was going to inspire her to write loads of blog posts or to go back into employment? No it was done to hurt her and there's no excuse for that!

I am a firm believer in constructive criticism, especially in the blogging industry when they are a dime a dozen, it is needed to better develop their content and maintain their base. However, I am also a firm believer in if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

It's one thing to say something about her content, and it would (within in reason) be justified, but to shame her on her weight and appearance is just nasty and it reflects terribly on discussions like this thread that is here for constructive purposes.

There is something seriously wrong with someone who carries on like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's nasty that someone would go out of their way to tell another they're fat, I don't like grace at all but I've seen her in real life and she is not morbidly obese. She looks like an average person I certainly wouldn't walk past her thinking about how big she looked.

I do agree with the sentiment that she does nothing though, she's constantly in the same clothes on the couch while her child is left to entertain herself. That's exactly how she portrays herself. Now does someone need to take it upon themselves to remind her how lazy she is? No. That's something I would discuss with people though, it's being a clot. But picking on her for her weight or her shape or her looks is just pathetic, and someone doing that would want to look like angelina jolie themselves before they could cast stones at other people's appearance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bqvetkit

Toastytoes wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happened with Sinead (sinead’s curvy style) ? Seems someone wrote or said something about her and angles or something. She’s deleted the snaps now where she she showed it. She seems very upset. Seemed to be something about her size or something. I think she always looks great, she’s very pretty and carries herself well.
    Mnc0814 wrote: »
    I remember when Rosie used to have the step son up on her Snapchat and instagram and she definitely didn't call him reuben, she called him Jacob. Who was the little baby who died... am I the only person who remembers this? Bloody weirdo

I've followed Sinead and did think she seemed genuine at first, until I noticed recently she shared a prize giveaway on her page to win 2 tickets to her recent workshop on instagram lots of people entered and tagged their besties all with the hope of winning a prize FALSE HOPE!!! Sinead tagged the "RANDOMLY SELECTED" winner and what do u know two weeks after her workshop she checks into the cinema with the same girl that won the tickets and her sister whom she "randomly" selected!!! TBH i don't know whats more frustrating the fact she's giving genuinely interested people false hope of winning a prize or that she hasn't the intelligence to realise that people might actually make the connection 😡😡😡

Yes I was wondering about this also. She is very attractive and does carry herself well. However she does look smaller in her own posts than she does in real life or in the posts of brands she may model for. I noticed it but never bothered me, maybe this is it?
    Mnc0814 wrote: »
    I remember when Rosie used to have the step son up on her Snapchat and instagram and she definitely didn't call him reuben, she called him Jacob. Who was the little baby who died... am I the only person who remembers this? Bloody weirdo

I've followed Sinead and did think she seemed genuine until I noticed recently she shared a prize giveaway on her page to win 2 tickets to her recent workshop on instagram lots of people entered and tagged their besties all with the hope of winning a prize FALSE HOPE!!! Sinead tagged the RANDOMLY SELECTED winner and what do u know two weeks after her workshop she checks into the cinema with the same girl and her sister whom she "randomly" selected to win the prize of the tickets. TBH i don't know was I more frustrated that she's giving genuine people false hope of winning a prize or that she hasn't the intelligence to realise that people might actually make the connection 😡😡😡

Pivotal moment on Grace's Snapchat today when she filmed Sienna regurgitating a banana.

Won't someone give this woman an award already??

rs_560x316-150921103624-560.Amy-Poehler-Awards-Shows-Andy-Samberg-RM-092115.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Bqvetkit wrote: »
    I've followed Sinead and did think she seemed genuine at first, until I noticed recently she shared a prize giveaway on her page to win 2 tickets to her recent workshop on instagram lots of people entered and tagged their besties all with the hope of winning a prize FALSE HOPE!!! Sinead tagged the "RANDOMLY SELECTED" winner and what do u know two weeks after her workshop she checks into the cinema with the same girl that won the tickets and her sister whom she "randomly" selected!!! TBH i don't know whats more frustrating the fact she's giving genuinely interested people false hope of winning a prize or that she hasn't the intelligence to realise that people might actually make the connection 😡😡😡

No way. I hope people called her out on it?

No way. I hope people called her out on it?

I don't think so I haven't heard her mention it if they have, it's just unfair I read through some of the comments and some people were genuinely really trying to win it , should have been picked more fairly or not bother doing a comp just seems like it was all for instagram hits 🙄🙄

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bqvetkit wrote: »
    I don't think so I haven't heard her mention it if they have, it's just unfair I read through some of the comments and some people were genuinely really trying to win it , should have been picked more fairly or not bother doing a comp just seems like it was all for instagram hits 🙄🙄

You are not allowed to post in this forum as you don't have enough posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Surely andrea roche or whoever agancy grace is with should be pulling her aside and constructively point her in the right direction or make sure everything is ok with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Surely andrea roche or whoever agancy grace is with should be pulling her aside and constructively point her in the right direction or make sure everything is ok with her.

Just had a look at Andrea's website and there's a whole gallery of the influencers on her books but NO Facesbygrace.
    Wonder what happened there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

She is there, grace Mongey and she's next to georgia salpa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sjfar

has niamh cullen and the boyfriend broke up. haven seen him cooking for her in a while

Sjfar wrote: »
    has niamh cullen and the boyfriend broke up. haven seen him cooking for her in a while

Who's NiAmh Cullen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Sjfar wrote:

Hmm you may be on to something.. He hasn't featured in any of her snaps lately and she has been spending a lot more time with the girls, and she has been very quiet on and off the last few weeks...? :-( hope they are okay.. they are such a cute couple

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Ah I hope not! I love them together!

What does she blog about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

Is it just me or is Rosie just as bad as Grace for the kid snaps? So over her. I love seeing her makeup and that but I’m sick of that kid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

What's this account/insta/forum that has all the bloggers/influencers up in a tizzy today?

I've seen so many insta posts about it but I don't know what IT is that they're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Someone set up an Instagram page called Bull****callerouter and it has pics of bloggers before and after they got work (whitch they deny) done and also pics of MUF photoshopped by her and original ones taken by others.
    I'm not sure it's bullying as such as there's no comments on the posts just pics showing the edited and unedited version of things

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

Amberjack wrote: »
    Someone set up an Instagram page called Bull****callerouter and it has pics of bloggers before and after they got work (whitch they deny) done and also pics of MUF photoshopped by her and original ones taken by others.
    I'm not sure it's bullying as such as there's no comments on the posts just pics showing the edited and unedited version of things

I saw it. In one way I feel for them all as they obviously have or had body insecurities. In another way I feel cheated by them and I'm glad it's being exposed. I can't explain it, I just want honesty. However, you should see Joanne Larby before she was blogger famous, she was absolutely gorgeous. No work and looked so amazing.

Please. Claiming they're being bullied because someone had the audacity to post side by side pictures of them and call them out for their bs. Boo hoo. Funny how how they're all about the kids and concerned about the next generation now when they weren't too arsed about the next generation and who they #influenced by their photoshopping, filtering and manipulating. Spare me. Then after MUF's pity party she posts a screenshot picture of a missing girl in Ireland. It would do her the world of good to realise there are people out there with actual problems. Parents out there whose daughter is missing. Meanwhile there's MUF crying a river over someone someone posting some unflattering pics of her fairy arse.

I see their 'no to bullying campaign'. I don't see how this is bullying either, they're being exposed for lies. I'm 100% against bullying and people saying nasty things but also against false representation. They are not showing young people self love. Instead they are saying, 'I'm famous and even I can't accept my body for the way it looks. In order to be beautiful you need to have big boobs, big lips and a skinny waist'. I'm just finding it really hurtful that they think any of us that discuss this are bullies. They're calling us hurtful names, it's ironic.

Well if they start a campaign, someone needs to start one right back: 'no to filtering and lying about work done'.

At the same time, if nasty comments go up under any of the pics I won't stay following. But so far it's just shock and disbelief.

Also, Joanne and her buddies have totally missed the point of the page. Nobody was slagging how they used to look. In fact, many comments were saying how much BETTER they looked before and how so much work/filtering etc at such a young age is unnecessary. One comment said Joanne didn't need any work done she was fine as she is. They are trying to twist the agenda of the page into one that is ridiculing how they used to look when the intent behind the page is to call out the lies and the BS that they themselves have produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Emmser wrote: »
    I saw it. In one way I feel for them all as they obviously have or had body insecurities. In another way I feel cheated by them and I'm glad it's being exposed. I can't explain it, I just want honesty. However, you should see Joanne Larby before she was blogger famous, she was absolutely gorgeous. No work and looked so amazing.

I met her in person in 2014 and I thought she was legit stunning, nothing like the anime type pics she posts.

It really puts into perspective just how beautiful Chloe Boucher and others are. You see pics of them with fans and they look even better than the pics they put up themselves!

And Rosemary MacCabe; I saw her in pics online and she looks lovely. She's got a fab little pixie look and works her ass off in the gym even though she's dreadfully hard on herself. Someone tell Rosemary those skinny girl pics aren't real :)

I'm not hot but I've never doctored a pic so I clearly have a decent amount of confidence. I'm picking up the phone right now to order Pappa Johns! Who is with me?! Down with the lies and the fakers!

• Advertisement

It's kinda sad someone was bothered gathering all those pics and putting them up. I don't really think it's bullying but then everything that's not bowing down to bloggers is bullying

Ah no, in fairness it's a collection from a few people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It’s a matter of opinion whether the Instagram page did harm or good.

In my own personal opinion, I’m delighted the truth is now out there. It’s the height of hypocrisy to be flogging your own brand turkey burgers and protein shaker to the masses while photoshopping yourself 4 dress sizes smaller.

It’s damaging and misleading for women to be seeing this completely unattainable Barbie-esque figure which the blogger doesn’t even really have anyway. It’s altered to the point where it doesn’t even look like her. At the very least it’s false advertising for her #fitfam lifestyle.
    It promotes poor self worth and insecurity. How can I hope to ever look like that when SHE doesn’t even really look like that?!

The word ‘bully’ is being thrown around way too loosely. No one mocked how you REALLY look. People just took issue with your photoshopped images.
    Pointing out someone is selling white label catalogue items is not bullying. Pointing out that someone is selling Ali Express junk for a 900% mark up is not bullying. Pointing out that it’s irresponsible and misleading to Facetune your pics to the point of being unrecognizable is not bullying.

And lastly, I’m not sure if the person who created the Instagram is on Boards or not.
    I know people here are sick of hearing about Reddit (I am too) but I just feel the need to mention that if this forum hadn’t died a death I’m sure it would have been discussed at length here instead of Reddit.
    Boards is meant to be the beating heart of Ireland regarding current affairs and what Irish people are thinking. Several news stories have been published about it, similar to the findings about COD and Ali express.
    The uncovering of the COD issue in particular was a great win for Boards and had we been allowed to discuss the doctoring of images, it would have been a win for here too.

Unfortunately all discussion here has been completely stifled to the point that the forum has totally died. It’s such a shame when such good findings can be made, but we aren’t even allowed talk about them.
    All the effort we went to, to have this forum opened was for nothing. Everyone has migrated to Reddit.

Page looks like it's set to private, can't even have a look at what it's all about

You can request to follow. It's the followers that are sending the person managing the page the pics. Some of them look so unbelievable that I'm beginning to think the real images are 'edited'. I'd be interested to see what you think.

I wonder will a national paper pick up on it.

My only issue with the page is that they are exposing Carla for having lip fillers but the girl herself said she had them. At least she's honest. I don't see why her pic should be there or am I incorrect?

PS: I went for supermacs instead of Pappa John's but I'd really recommend their large meals: two large meals with dressings on the fries delivered to my door for €19! Of course I ordered Diet Coke, just to keep the bod in check for the pics tomorrrow :)

Also, part of me is worried about the MUF. I don't know if she's in the best place to handle all this criticism. I know what she does is wrong but still, I don't want to see her hurt. She's had a tough year. It's a double edged sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I requested to follow but was rejected!

So Sue can take a running jump with her “watch our influence”. She might try influencing her hubby to not wear elasticated pants when they’re going for afternoon tea in a hotel.
    She hasn’t even been able to sell out her workshops.

What I’d like is for pages like that to post photos of their products. Sue pays British geordie shore types with large followings to post photoshopped photos of her eye pallette and sells that image.
    The reality from reviewers is rhat it doesn’t blend and from her own photo, wears off after a few hours.

Or are POCOS really worth 100+, how do they wash etc.

Ultimately though it’s not bullying. Sending a cease and desist isn’t Captain Planet-esque “watch what our power can do.”

• Advertisement

I'm deadly serious. We as the 'influenced' need to come together and say NO to Filtering and editing body shapes. NO to lies in order to financially profit. NO to staying quite so we aren't called bullies. WE have a voice. We are not bullies, we are women and men with our own opinions and morals and when these bloggers go against our morals WE WILL speak up! We will speak up for our children growing up in a world where you need to have big boobs, injected lips, skinny waist lines and a gap between your legs in order to be popular. Let's start promoting the 'real' influencers. Share those here....

The Diet Coke has clearly gone to my head :)

Edit: people are naturally gorgeous and this isn't jealousy. As I said earlier my heart goes out to the MUF and I hope she has people around her right now and is okay. I'm just really disgusted that exposing these things has resulted in a campaign against those that read or follow the page or forum. It's really insulting. I'm genuinely a decent person!

Follow, mermaidajade. She called the bloggers out and accused them of being the actual bullies in this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

Jesus lads what a fúcking shítstorm over pics that are real. They’re being bullied now? I’m shocked by how they’ve all claimed this and every one of them that have joined the anti bullying campaign has been deleted from my snapchat. Gimps the lot of them!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is there a way to see the photos without joining SC. I haven’t seen them but get the gist that they (bloggers) have completely missed the whole point.

pc7 wrote: »
    Is there a way to see the photos without joining SC. I haven’t seen them but get the gist that they (bloggers) have completely missed the whole point.

They're on Instagram not Snapchat. The girl is from the Reddit forum. It is clear what its intention is; to show young girls that Instagram life is not real life.

Ironically, it shows how the MUF shared a post five days ago about Britney Spears, two pics side by side of her face, saying me on the Internet versus me in real life. Very ironical that she thinks she isn't a bully because Britney is American but if someone does it to an 'Irish Celeb', it's bullying.

Also can anyone remember which blogger it was that shared a recent snap of Kylie Jenner entitled 'when the Snapchat filter comes off'? I remember seeing it on a snapchat story.

Louise Cooney has totally pulled her horns back in. She said this isn't the page that caused her to go on a bullying rant and to stand up to bullies. God, more lies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement