Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cooker for rental property

Options
  • 04-07-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

Need to buy a new cooker. Any advice on whether to go for solid ring hob or ceramic - is one hardier / easier to keep clean / longerlasting than the other? Any other advice re cooker? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

It is hard one. I know so many people who have cracked the glass on their expensive induction/ceramic ones that would make you questions whether or not to buy one.

If it is a student house without a doubt I would buy a €100 stainless one with the 4 raised black rings. They last a fair amount of time(as in at least 5 years).

IMO a glass surface one is hard to justify for a rental property. There is a high risk of it getting cracked or smashed (although I know of a rental property with 8 tenants and their one lasted 10 years without cracking or being chipped). The problem with glass one is that the tenants will not generally wipe with hob brite after every use(I have given several bottles to tenants to clean their hob with them not bothering to do so). So when they move out, you will be there with a stanley blade scraping 12 months off food off the hob for about 30 mins.

If you buy a glass one, make sure it is Schott Glass, as the cheaper glass surfaces result in food sticking to them

Advertisement