Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App for tracking spending?

• 04-07-2017 9:22pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone recommend an app for tracking spending on your phone?

I downloaded one which has loads of spammy ads, don't mind paying for one, especially if it has functionality to export to excel.

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Join N26. Theirs is excellent, auto categorises most things perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I think to make it practical the app should import all banking transactions automatically (if they need to be entered manually it will eventually become too cumbersome). Problem is that while I know some pretty decent apps which can auto-import transactions for multiple banks in larger European countries, I don't know any which supports Irish banks.

So yeah the only option left is to use a bank which as the functionality built into the app - ans yes N26 is probably the best even though they still have work to do in order to present the data in a useful way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Bob24 wrote: »
    I think to make it practical the app should import all banking transactions automatically (if they need to be entered manually it will eventually become too cumbersome). Problem is that while I know some pretty decent apps which can auto-import transactions for multiple banks in larger European countries, I don't know any which supports Irish banks.

So yeah the only option left is to use a bank which as the functionality built into the app - ans yes N26 is probably the best even though they still have work to do in order to present the data in a useful way.

https://www.youneedabudget.com/ is decent. Has manual csv upload so not entirely automatic but still does a decent job.

Advertisement