Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No response from AH moderators

Options
  • 04-07-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭

I sent a PM to all the After Hours moderators and C Mods with some feedback on moderation on June 19th. I received no acknowledgement or response to my PM.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I've checked with the AH mods and your PM was received, read and discussed. No further action was required but your opinion was noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is that it?

My feedback was taken on board and discussed but noone bothered to inform me of this? Really?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

The mods agree that they should possibly have updated you but they were kept busy with threads in AH so a response to say that the review did not require any further action was put on the long finger (it was a particularly busy stretch for them). Cmods and mods have noted to be more diligent about responding to PMs in future.

Ok

I don't really feel the AH Mods and Cmods response is adequate. Can an admin review it?

I PMed feedback about this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057754061

I felt the following posts breached the charter in that they were discriminatory, expressing hate and generally being a dick

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103841140&postcount=153
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103841250&postcount=170
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103841297&postcount=177
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103841545&postcount=205
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103842336&postcount=320

I sent the following PM

Terry Pratchet

This Feedback has been escalated to a complaint and will be handled by the Cmods of the forum in question. I've passed the relevant details on and unapproved one post as it contained a private message posted without consultation with the other party.

• Advertisement

Apologies. I shouldnt have posted the pm publicly.

Thanks for the responses LoLth.

Terry Pratchet

no worries Joey.

Moved thread to Helpdesk where a Cmod will pick it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi Joeytheparrot, I will look into this with you.

Apologies that it has taken so long, as you can appreciate, AH is an extremely busy and difficult forum to moderate.

In reference to your PM which I received also, may I request that you be more specific?
    What posts are you referring to in that thread?

I will discuss same with the AH mods in detail.

Sorry Lein, I should have re-approved the snipped post above. it has the posts listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

LoLth wrote: »
    Sorry Lein, I should have re-approved the snipped post above. it has the posts listed.

Thanks, LoLth, I will review now.

• Advertisement

I believe this was passed upto admin. Any response?

Terry Pratchet

Hi

I had a pm response from LEIN on this but I didn't fully agree with the response. I believe LEIN passed it upto the admins. I have exchanged a few PMs since regarding an admin looking at it. Is there an admin looking into this?

Terry Pratchet

Hi Joey,

yes this issue was discussed. However as noted by LEIN, this is not a DRP so admin review is not really usual. In this instance, having read the relevant material the admins have decided to defer to the Cmod when it comes to making a decision regarding the moderation of forums in the category they are responsible for.

Just like LEIN, I can see your point and agree to an extent but I have to agree with LEIN's assessment of the situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement