Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2017: Stage 5 Vittel - La Planche de Belles Filles, 160.5km

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Dan up to 4th in GC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

You could throw a blanket over them! No big gaps on this Tour. Froome and Porte will have to hang to the likes of Aru and Bardet on the climbs and look to the final TT.

Would like to see the time of the climb compared to 2012 when Sky really ripped it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Anyone know a site with live data (Current speed, power, gradient)?

This is the official site

http://livetracking.letour.fr

It's powered by "Dimension Data" (Cav's team) The site crashed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Dan should be sipping a recovery drink and/or warming down. He's fupping shagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Weepsie wrote: »
    This is the official site

http://livetracking.letour.fr

It's powered by "Dimension Data" (Cav's team) The site crashed today.

BbgL7x3.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

anyone else having sound issues with eurosport player?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Delighted for Aru and Dan (and my velogames).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

Great to see an exciting finish. The shorter, steeper climbs ( of which there are more ) make for such. Delighted for Dan, a superb ride and for Aru after he went for broke. Interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Delighted for Aru and Dan (and my velogames).
    Me to. I don't have aru but have Dan, Yates, Porte, Tommy V and Thomas de gendt so should add to my already good first week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

ouch. Carlton Kirby just described Aru: "he's got a smile that could break a thousand mirrors".

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

buffalo wrote: »
    ouch. Carlton Kirby just described Aru: "he's got a smile that could break a thousand mirrors".
    Was it him that made the remark on valverde crashing that people found went to far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

buffalo wrote: »

he siad it earlier also just after Aru crossed the line.

does that mean he actually said it twice. No need for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

De Bhál wrote: »
    he siad it earlier also just after Aru crossed the line.

does that mean he actually said it twice. No need for that

I'm watching slightly delayed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

neris wrote: »
    anyone else having sound issues with eurosport player?

That's just Carlton Kirby you're hearing... gets coat

Weepsie wrote: »
    That's just Carlton Kirby you're hearing... gets coat

was actually during Flechas little section ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

neris wrote: »
    was actually during Flechas little section ;)

yeah same for me also on the Virgin TV player

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Decent performance from Nico.
    13th place, 1'05" behind Aru.

Decent performance from Nico.
    13th place, 1'05" behind Aru.

Yeah good..better than Fuglsang, Kreuiz, Chaves, Barguil, Landa, Heano, LaTour Caruso, Talansky , Nieve , TenDam , Mollema........

His result was the same on this climb as in 2012 when he last rode GC at the Tour

Its becasue he has brought his weight down from his time at SKY where they had him more bulked up to ride as mid mountain /flat stage dom

Pity about Nico he is a very good all rounder but not built for high mountains

But glad for him he is riding well as no one tries harder and hopefully he will get a go at the Vuelta where he always goes better

Dan Martin is great and so fast on these climbs ... I think he has a good chance at podium if there is no bad luck

He can continue to get bonus seconds on some stages

very good showing by the Irish lads...such a small country and 2 up there ..only Britain & Columbia better ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Where can i watch a rerun of todays stage? say final 40km or so..

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Where can i watch a rerun of todays stage? say final 40km or so..

TG4 at 9 or ITV4 not sure what time there.

EDIT: Highlights on TG4 are in English and runs for 30 minutes. So short and sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

ITV4 +1 at 8.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Yeah good..better than Fuglsang, Kreuiz, Chaves, Barguil, Landa, Heano, LaTour Caruso, Talansky , Nieve , TenDam , Mollema........

His result was the same on this climb as in 2012 when he last rode GC at the Tour

Its becasue he has brought his weight down from his time at SKY where they had him more bulked up to ride as mid mountain /flat stage dom

Pity about Nico he is a very good all rounder but not built for high mountains

But glad for him he is riding well as no one tries harder and hopefully he will get a go at the Vuelta where he always goes better

I'm curious as to how you have determined this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Ahh a teeny piece of poetic licence. Nico is the epitome of honest effort. No one does try harder, some days some do go better but he tries. Nico is great. His diaries are great. Delighted he had a good finish today

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

For one thing its a turn of phrase..of course I don't know what everyone is up to but I do know how hard he has worked and works

2nd I may be over compensating about Roche cos all he gets on here is stick and it not deserved..I mean he was 13th today but where are all those who commented about how he is overpaid and useless that came from the Dauphine and didn't take into account how he had hit a car

Dan Martin is of course is a mega talent but honest effort should be applauded too and I will do that every time for one of our own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

He's always been a 100% effort rider. Would love to see him win a tour stage, so close in '12 when Cav caught him at the finish.

Something that always struck me with pro's at world tour level was the relative few who will experience the glory vs those who help the few get the glory. You have some 400 at WT level at any one time. Some share in the glory like the spirt train guys to a degree but there are those in the engine room who rarely get the praise they deserve.

Something that always struck me with pro's at world tour level was the relative few who will experience the glory vs those who help the few get the glory. You have some 400 at WT level at any one time. Some share in the glory like the spirt train guys to a degree but there are those in the engine room who rarely get the praise they deserve.

Comms very rarely acknowledge a lot of doms even when pulling at the front ...only the GC guys get mentioned and a few favourites

And what makes it hard is a lot of these riders had dreams when they won their first race or their junior national title , etc of one day wining races as a pro...and they had to give that up....can't be easy

Many comms are lazy ...they dont even know what the doms are doing all day that we don't see ..and cycling is a hard sport ...not much money or glory for many ....even **** hotels

And the idea cycling its a team sport is a bit of a stretch ...the team gets the stick but the winner gets the glory and the pay packet in most cases

• Advertisement

MPFGLB wrote: »

Many comms are lazy ...they dont even know what the doms are doing all day that we don't see ..and cycling is a hard sport ...not much money or glory for many ....even **** hotels

And the idea cycling its a team sport is a bit of a stretch ...the team gets the stick but the winner gets the glory and the pay packet in most cases

the lad from wanty who did a solo breakaway the other day taking the sprint & kom points and prizes was only getting €2000 for all his effort. That 2k then has to be split with the team. Not a whole lot when broken down

Advertisement