Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Certificate

Options
  • 05-07-2017 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][ltr][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]*HELP NEEDED*[/font][/ltr][/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][ltr][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hi,[/font][/ltr][/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][ltr][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I have applied to open a new Montessori in September 2017 in Dublin and sent all the required documentation to Tusla (childcare inspectors) back in May and I have just been told that they will not accept my Fire Maintenance Certificate that it has to be a Fire Certificate to be allowed to open. [/font][/ltr]
    [ltr][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I will be renting a room from a parish hall and the parish have never had a fire cert only the fire maintenance cert each year. [/font][/ltr]

[ltr][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I understand the process is to get a fire consultant come out and view the building and make up a drawing of the rooms and take note of any changes that need to be made which will then get sent to the county council where it will take 2 months to process before a Fire Prevention Officer will come out to view the building with any changes that were needed were applied and then once you get the approval from the fire prevention officer you get the cert. In total this whole process can take up to 4+ months, which I do not have. I had a fire consultant come out yesterday and he said the quickest option that he could think of but doesnt know if it will be accepted is to get a Regularisation Fire Safety Cert where he does the drawings and notes changes which then gets sent to the fire prevention officer where he approves the drawing first before getting sent to the council and once he approves the drawing you are issued this cert as a temporary means saying you will carry out these changes and it can start processing in the council then but are allowed to open before receiving the fire cert. Unfortunately this fire consultant said he is not available to do the drawings for another month so i am needing someone asap to get started. I have contacted numerous other consultants but none are available right now. Has anyone here had to deal with a similar situation in regards to obtaining a fire cert that could tell me how they fast tracked it or if you know of anyone that would have more knowledge in this area that I could contact I would thoroughly appreciate it as I am so upset here thinking I may not be able to open in September 2017 and I have invested so much into this and I would be heartbroken if I couldnt open especially when I already have bookings for this year. Thanks, Aine [/font][/ltr][/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Are you sure that the parish hall is not exempt from FS cert requirement? Find out! If not I would look for another premises with your use permitted and an existing fire cert as it could cost a lot to meet spec if modifications are needed, who would foot the bill?

Advertisement