If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar & TV Combo on a €1200 Budget

Options
  • 05-07-2017 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for recommendations on Soundbar & TV Combo on a €1200 Budget. Any help greatly appreciated. Hope to purchase in the next 2/3 weeks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

OnLooker wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm looking for recommendations on Soundbar & TV Combo on a €1200 Budget. Any help greatly appreciated. Hope to purchase in the next 2/3 weeks.
    Hi OnLooker,

That's no problem. Before I quote you I just need to know a few details about the TV you are looking for. What size of TV are you looking for and are you looking for a TV with 4K and smart features?

Let me know and I will quote you a price for a TV and soundbar.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Hi OnLooker,

That's no problem. Before I quote you I just need to know a few details about the TV you are looking for. What size of TV are you looking for and are you looking for a TV with 4K and smart features?

Kind regards

David
    50" to 55" is big enough for me. Yeah 4k and smart features would be great. Open to different brands. Might be able to stretch the budget a bit more if a good deal.

Hi OnLooker,

Kind regards

David
    50" to 55" is big enough for me. Yeah 4k and smart features would be great. Open to different brands. Might be able to stretch the budget a bit more if a good deal.
    Hi OnLooker,

The best TVs I have seen in the last couple of years are the LG OLED TVs. The new OLED55B7 retails at £2399 however we have just received very limited stock of last years 55C6 model which are on offer for £1485. This is a curved TV but in terms of panel quality, the OLEDs have better black levels, higher colour spectrums and great motion processing. They are the closest I've seen to the good plasma panels before they stopped making them.

If you are looking for a good LED TV I would recommend the Sonys. These are some of the best of the LED panels in terms of sharpness and colour especially on standard definition in my opinion. We are doing the Sony KD55XE8596 with a soundbar in a bundle package for £1249. However, as the OLED panels are self lighting and do not require a backlight, I would still recommend them for contrast and image quality. A decent soundbar for the OLED TV would be starting off at around £199.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi OnLooker,

Kind regards

David
    Hi OnLooker,

The best TVs I have seen in the last couple of years are the LG OLED TVs. The new OLED55B7 retails at £2399 however we have just received very limited stock of last years 55C6 model which are on offer for £1485. This is a curved TV but in terms of panel quality, the OLEDs have better black levels, higher colour spectrums and great motion processing. They are the closest I've seen to the good plasma panels before they stopped making them.

If you are looking for a good LED TV I would recommend the Sonys. These are some of the best of the LED panels in terms of sharpness and colour especially on standard definition in my opinion. We are doing the Sony KD55XE8596 with a soundbar in a bundle package for £1249. However, as the OLED panels are self lighting and do not require a backlight, I would still recommend them for contrast and image quality. A decent soundbar for the OLED TV would be starting off at around £199.

Kind regards

David
    I've been looking at the C6 for quite some time but I would probably get shot if I purchased it. Just at the tail end of a 5 month house renovation so funds are tight enough but I'm determined to get a decent TV for the new man cave.

Any sort of boards special deals on the Sony Bundle? PM if you want.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...how about Q Acoustics M3 Soundbar with built in subwoofer ( retails at £299)

https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q-acoustics-m3-soundbar.html

With your fave LG OLED 55C6:
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-OLED55C6V

At a ( admittedly budget busting) mad €1899 including delivery and our 6 year warranty....

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

At a ( admittedly budget busting) mad €1899 including delivery and our 6 year warranty....

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Is that €1899 for the package? :D

Whats the best price you can do on the Sony package? 

The Sony Store in Letterkenny is doing it for €1449.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi OnLooker, 

That is 1899 Euro for the whole package including a great soundbar (as opposed to Sonys slimline one) and the C6 and shipping and a 6 year guarantee.

The price on the Sony pack would be 1510 Euro and this includes shipping and a 6 year guarantee. The C6 package is a bit more but for that you're getting a far superior TV and a far superior soundbar.

Kind regards

David

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi OnLooker, 

That is 1899 Euro for the whole package including a great soundbar (as opposed to Sonys slimline one) and the C6 and shipping and a 6 year guarantee.

The price on the Sony pack would be 1510 Euro and this includes shipping and a 6 year guarantee. The C6 package is a bit more but for that you're getting a far superior TV and a far superior soundbar.

Kind regards

David
    You are tempting me now. What are your stock levels like on the C6?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi OnLooker, 

Kind regards

David
    Hi OnLooker,

I have enough stock for a little while but they are selling quickly as it is the last batch of 6 series OLEDs so can't guarantee stock for long.

Kind regards

David

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi OnLooker, 

Kind regards

David
    Hi OnLooker,

I have enough stock for a little while but they are selling quickly as it is the last batch of 6 series OLEDs so can't guarantee stock for long.

Kind regards

David
    Could you swap this instead of the M3?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Best price we could do on the LG OLED 55C6 with the Denon HEOS HC would be £1749 / €1999

However I can shave the Sony KD55XE8599 with the HTCT290 to just €1449 for you including delivery and our 6 year warranty.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Best price we could do on the LG OLED 55C6 with the Denon HEOS HC would be £1749 / €1999

However I can shave the Sony KD55XE8599 with the HTCT290 to just €1449 for you including delivery and our 6 year warranty.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    If I purchase would you be able to hold the TV package in your store for another 6-7 weeks? My house is 6 weeks away from completion.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    If I purchase would you be able to hold the TV package in your store for another 6-7 weeks? My house is 6 weeks away from completion.
    Hi On Looker,

In order to be able to hold items for this length of time it would need to be paid for in full. If you PM me with a contact number I can process the payment and put a reserve on those items for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi On Looker,

In order to be able to hold items for this length of time it would need to be paid for in full. If you PM me with a contact number I can process the payment and put a reserve on those items for you.

Kind regards

David

PM sent

Hi On Looker,

Kind regards

David

PM sent
    Will be in touch asap.

Kind regards

David

Hi On Looker,

Kind regards

David

PM sent
    Will be in touch asap.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks guys for all the help. Looking forward to getting my TV & Soundbar in a few weeks.

Hi On Looker,

Kind regards

David

PM sent
    Will be in touch asap.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks guys for all the help. Looking forward to getting my TV & Soundbar in a few weeks.
    No problem at all OnLooker.

I may have an extra €150-200 to upgrade from the M3 soundbar. Is it possible to change the order and what would you recommend if I can change? 

Also If I see something in the Open Box sale could I swap the M3 out?

I may have an extra €150-200 to upgrade from the M3 soundbar. Is it possible to change the order and what would you recommend if I can change? 

Also If I see something in the Open Box sale could I swap the M3 out?
    Hey Onlooker.

Just checking if anyone got back to you?

Hey Onlooker.

Yeah thanks.

I got a swap in the Open Box sale.

• Advertisement

Hey Onlooker.

Yeah thanks.

I got a swap in the Open Box sale.
    No problem at all.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.