Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNN tracks down random reddit meme poster and threatens to release his information

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Ann_Landers

conorhal wrote: »
    It isn't a whole other issue, except when it suits your viewpoint apparently.

Nope, it's still another issue. If someone's reaction to your actions is illegal or dangerous, that should be dealt with. But yeah, Nazis and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

Nope, it's still another issue. If someone's reaction to your actions is illegal or dangerous, that should be dealt with. But yeah, Nazis and stuff.

Talk about deflection.... :rolleyes:

And yeah, 'Nazi's and stuff' fascism that agrees with you is still fascism.

Please tell me about how posting a meme was illegal or dangerous? I'm very curious to know.

Oh, sweet jebus. Please interpret my posts better. I was talking about the reactions being illegal or dangerous. Your point seems to be that people shouldn't have to stand by their online posts because they might be severely punished for it. My point is that if the reactions to the originator of the meme are threatening to the originator, that is a separate issue that should be dealt with according. I did not say that posting a meme was illegal or dangerous. Kindly don't misrepresent what I wrote.

Oh, sweet jebus. Please interpret my posts better. I was talking about the reactions being illegal or dangerous. Your point seems to be that people shouldn't have to stand by their online posts because they might be severely punished for it. My point is that if the reactions to the originator of the meme are threatening to the originator, that is a separate issue that should be dealt with according. I did not say that posting a meme was illegal or dangerous. Kindly don't misrepresent what I wrote.

Sorry, I read that wrong and amended my post accordingly

Sorry, I read that wrong and amended my post accordingly

Apparently I still agree with some forms of facism and Nazism, according to your post? :confused: If it's agrees with my point? Could you flesh this out a bit?

Apparently I still agree with some forms of facism, according to your post? :confused:

That you read right! .I have dyslexia (it's pathetic but I had to google that word to spell it correctly, irony!) so I get things arse backwards occasionally if I don't spell check every post)
    I didn't suggest you were a Nazi, that's a very specific ideology. Fascism is state authoritarianism and if you drop the nuclear hammer on any basic disagreement with authority then in my opinion that's fascism. If dissent is met with being silenced then tacit agreement with that is supporting fascism.

Fascism is state authoritarianism and if you drop the nuclear hammer on any basic disagreement with authority then in my opinion that's fascism. If dissent is met with being silenced then tacit agreement with that is supporting fascism.

Where in any my posts have I endorsed the above? :confused: I said people should stand by what they say. How you got from that that I agree with dissent being silenced or punished, I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Grayson wrote: »
    That's your proof? You are fcuking kidding me right? You've actually posted a meme as your "proof".
    I blame myself for taking you as a serious poster and bothering to reply to you.

Where in any my posts have I endorsed the above? :confused: I said people should stand by what they say. How you got from that that I agree with dissent being silenced or punished, I don't know.

You endorse it by excusing it and defending it.

You endorse it by excusing it and defending it.

Just as well I haven't done either of those things. You brought fascism into the discussion, erroneously. I haven't said much about it because it was beside the point. I also said that nobody should be have their life put in danger for their views. Anyone who endangers someone should dealt with. I said it was a separate issue, which it is. That doesn't mean endorsing it.

So again, how I have endorsed, excused and defended it? You ARE going to need to CLEARLY outline where I did this as it's a strong accusation. And if you can't, you'll need to retract the statement. Well, no need to formally retract it, it will be self-evident.

• Advertisement

Just as well I haven't done either of those things. You brought fascism into the discussion, erroneously. I haven't said much about it because it was beside the point. I also said that nobody should be have their life put in danger for their views. Anyone who endangers someone should dealt with. I said it was a separate issue, which it is. That doesn't mean endorsing it.

So again, how I have endorsed, excused and defended it? You ARE going to need to CLEARLY outline where I did this as it's a strong accusation. And if you can't, you'll need to retract the statement. Well, no need to formally retract it, it will be self-evident.

Happy to do so if you are prepared to call what happened to the the guy a politically motivated and unwarrented witch hunt that presents a danger to free speech, you know, since you aren't excusing it and defending the actions of CNN...

Advertisement