Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball Hall of Fame Belfast Classic

Options
  • 05-07-2017 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Any fans of NCAA basketball? My thread about FIBA U18 Women European Championship got zero interest.

The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame have announced the field of teams for the first-ever Basketball Hall of Fame Belfast Classic, a college basketball tournament held in conjunction with the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, Sport Changes Life, Rory McIlroy’s Foundation, the Rory Foundation, and The SSE Arena, Belfast. The two-day tournament held on December 1 and 2, will feature Holy Cross vs. Manhattan College and La Salle University vs. Towson University, followed by consolation and championship play on the second day.

Friday 1st Dec Games
    4.30pm Manhattan vs. Holy Cross
    7pm Towson vs. La Salle

Saturday 2nd Dec Games
    3pm Consolation Game
    5.30pm Championship Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mario Speedwagon

I'm going! It hasn't really been as well advertised as it could have.
    Having said that, the fact that it's gone under the radar means that I got courtside baseline seats for the Saturday for £45 each.
    I don't follow the college game to the extent that I know much about schools like LaSalle or Holy Cross, but I will be really excited to see some ball up close because we're bereft of it on this island.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭el_bandita

yeah, I got good seat as well. I follow Gonzaga since 2012, that is when Karnowski joined them. They had such a great run in season 2016/17. I heard of some of those schools taking part in the tournament but not too much. There are 30 conferences and too many D1 teams to follow them all.

el_bandita wrote: »
    yeah, I got good seat as well. I follow Gonzaga since 2012, that is when Karnowski joined them. They had such a great run in season 2016/17. I heard of some of those schools taking part in the tournament but not too much. There are 30 conferences and too many D1 teams to follow them all.
    I'm a Pistons fan, I was hoping your guy Zach Collins would fall to us, but no avail. Happy with Kennard, though :-)

I wish stuff like this would come to Dublin, but we just don't have a good enough venue for it.

Zach is good guy, too bad he did not stay for one more year. But this is nowadays NCAA, one and done...
    The national basketball arena in Tallaght and now two arenas in B-town (national indoor arena) are getting make over because of the Fiba European u18 women championship this August. We are also hosting Fiba Women Small Countries Championship next year. Perhaps one day basketball is more popular in Ireland, and we get to see some excellent games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

How do I get tickets for this?

• Advertisement

killwill wrote: »
    How do I get tickets for this?
    Ticketmaster.

They are currently advertising limited number of tickets for 10£. So whoever is still thinking about attending the event, perhaps this will swing you.
    https://us.dariusengage.com/viewer/published/campaign/59b7ef80cd33070855a0919c/59c284e03c7d3a04f630f81d/59c3d8a7cd33070857ab9e90

Advertisement