Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing Pate in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-07-2017 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My wife is a pate nut but hasn't had it in 9 months as she is pregnant.

The one thing she is looking forward to is eating pate once baby is born later this month(all going well)

I don't eat pate so don't know if it's the kind of thing that can be 'good or bad'

Is there anywhere is Dublin that is particularly known for its excellent pate so I cn bring her as a surprise once the baba is here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think probably pick somewhere French and you'll be alright e.g.

French Paradox Ballsbridge.
    La Cave South Anne Street.

To give a sense of my tastes, I really like the Kinsale Bay Chicken Liver Pate which is available in Tesco & Supervalu.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

The one I had in Pichet was gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    The one I had in Pichet was gorgeous.

I think they are looking to buy paté in a shop/deli

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

If you are looking to buy pate, I'd try Terroirs in Donnybrook

http://www.terroirs.ie

Of course, its only liver pate that is a problem in pregnancy. I think they have some nice meat based pates which she does have to wait to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Hi folks,

My wife is a pate nut but hasn't had it in 9 months as she is pregnant.

The one thing she is looking forward to is eating pate once baby is born later this month(all going well)

I don't eat pate so don't know if it's the kind of thing that can be 'good or bad'

Is there anywhere is Dublin that is particularly known for its excellent pate so I cn bring her as a surprise once the baba is here?

Thanks

I am following this thread with great interest as a fellow knocked up pate lover! Your wife has my sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Cavistons in Sandycove gets my vote.
    It's a deli though, so take away only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Great stuff folks - delighted with all that information.

Now have eat in and take away options - Gold star for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Question: What should we call a husband who gets delicious meat paste products to help his lovely wife recover after having a baby?

Answer: A Paté-r Familias

:pac:

B0jangles wrote: »
    Question: What should we call a husband who gets delicious meat paste products to help his lovely wife recover after having a baby?

Answer: A Paté-r Familias

:pac:

I shall be referring to myself as such!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Another Eat In option for you - La Maison have a starter which gives you a selection of 5 paté on their evening menu. I've had it loads of times and its very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Paul24

Best Pate is in Supervalu / Superquinn in Pavillions in Swords. Its made by Morrow foods in Cookstown and they normally have 3 or 4 different flavours.

They sell by the tub or just in portions.
    Hands down beats all Pate across Dublin.

I try not to buy the whole tub as I'd only eat it all myself!!

Got to give it a try
    Paul

Paul24 wrote: »
    Best Pate is in Supervalu / Superquinn in Pavillions in Swords. Its made by Morrow foods in Cookstown and they normally have 3 or 4 different flavours.

They sell by the tub or just in portions.
    Hands down beats all Pate across Dublin.

I try not to buy the whole tub as I'd only eat it all myself!!

Got to give it a try
    Paul

Brilliant - I'm a Swords man so this is helpful

Carluccios pate starter is enormous and very very good

So, little update. Baba arrived safe and sound so I bought some Fallon and Byrne and supervalu pate as part of a welcome home hamper.

Both were lovely apparently, but the Fallon and Byrne was unreal by all accounts.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be hitting some of the restaurant advice places in due course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Aww, that's lovely - well done you on completing your paté quest and congratulations to all!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

So, little update. Baba arrived safe and sound so I bought some Fallon and Byrne and supervalu pate as part of a welcome home hamper.

Both were lovely apparently, but the Fallon and Byrne was unreal by all accounts.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be hitting some of the restaurant advice places in due course.

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Slightly late to the thread.

Moloughneys in Clontarf do a lovely chicken liver pate.

A friend was able to purchase it to take away as a gift, i think you have to ring them to arrange a takeaway purchase.

http://www.moloughneys.ie/index.php

Advertisement