Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL Training Courses in Ireland?

Options
  • 05-07-2017 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I’m not a teacher, but used to be an EFL teacher in a private school years ago, abroad.

Thinking of making the move out of Ireland again soon, and want to give myself as many chances as I can for employment so thought of upskilling and refreshing the documentation/qualification.

I’m a bit out of the loop of what TEFL courses are good to do these days? I remember years ago, there were weekend courses, and depending on which one you did, some were better recognised than others.

I did mine as an extra subject at university, so clocked up quite a few hours training, but that was in 1999!

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

If you want to teach ESL in Ireland (in a training school) you need a CELT, CELTA or Trinity ESOL. http://www.acels.ie/teachertraining

Nothing else will suffice unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

These would also apply for teaching abroad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Are all places in Dublin, for example, going to cost the same in terms of training to get the cert?

Advertisement