Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage and lump sum payments

Options
  • 05-07-2017 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi,
    I currently have a mortgage with you guys on a variable rate. If I decide to take a 3 year fixed rate, is there any penalty when it reverts to variable, and I want to pay a lump sum off the balance? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

clacks wrote: »
    Hi,
    I currently have a mortgage with you guys on a variable rate. If I decide to take a 3 year fixed rate, is there any penalty when it reverts to variable, and I want to pay a lump sum off the balance?
    Hi clacks, thanks for getting in touch.

This will depend on whether you're on a fixed rate or variable rate when you make the lump sum overpayment (a fee could apply if you want to pay a lump sum into your mortgage while on a fixed rate).

We've some more information and an overpayment calculator on our website here.

If you would like to have a chat with an adviser about your existing mortgage or if you want to check the charge for paying a lump sum during the fixed rate period, please call 01 611 3333.

Let me know if you need anything else, thanks.
    Nicola

Advertisement