Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech alarm propblem

Options
  • 05-07-2017 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I recently swapped out the old fuse board in my house to mcbs etc. But the rcd kept tripping and when I sourced the problem the alarm and been taking a supply from a socket circuit. When I opened up the alarm box the installer had neutral and earth mixed up (which worked fine with the old fuses) I swapped them the correct way and now I've no power at my keypad for the alarm and the alarm is sounding. I swapped them back and the alarm is completely dead.Only got a new battery for the alarm a couple of months ago. The alarm had been disconnected for a few days as I didn't have time to fix it at the time so the battery is completely dead, will disconnecting the alarm sounder and leaving a supply at the panel recharge the battery and therefore give me power back at the keypad? Cheers for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Andy109 wrote: »
    I've no power at my keypad for the alarm and the alarm is sounding.
    will disconnecting the alarm sounder and leaving a supply at the panel recharge the battery and therefore give me power back at the keypad? Cheers for any advice

There is a bank of several fuses on some Aritech boards - one is for the keypads - so id check them all.

The battery can be recharged as you say - but it being flat would not cause the keypads to behave like that - you should just see a "Low Bat" warning on the keypads.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement