Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using the ID mobile network?

Options
  • 05-07-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Is it any use?

What's people's experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,791 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Text shortcodes effectively don't work. No notifications from banks, no two factor authentication, etc etc. Makes the network almost useless for many

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Same as above, was with them on the half price friends and family plan. Wasn't able to txt shortcodes or receive texts from some of them either. Had issues calling/texting some people on other mnvos too. I jumped ship farly quick. On Vodafone X music at the moment and am very happy. Vodafone are the best network in Ireland. They can just be expensive depending on what plan you may need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mcod80

I bought a pay as you go ID mobile broadband sim a few months ago. I selected the 25 euro 40GB data over 30 days bundle.

The biggest problem for me is that the top-up process is not a one-step process, (like other network operators I have used).

When I purchased the sim in carphone warehouse, the staff member input the credit and set up my data allowance. They said the deal will expire in 30 days.

30 days later, I topped up €25 using the on-line log-on page. Within a hour after topping up, the Internet stopped working. I rang customer support and they said it was my fault for not selecting my bundle after topping up. Nonetheless, the operator reset my bundle after some protracted discussion.

Again 30 days later, the bundle expired, this time I was out of the country on holidays when the bundle expired. When I got home, I read a text from ID saying I should top up my account. I topped up by €25, which was the price for the same bundle that I wanted. The Internet service returned for one hour and then stopped.

I rang customer service and they said the same thing had happened - they said I had topped up but I had not selected which bundle I wanted, I.e. They say it is my fault.

I spoke to two customer service agents, and one manager and they refused to reset my account saying it was my fault for not selecting which bundle I wanted after topping up.

They were pleasant and matter of fact. They said they had checked the telephone call from one month previous and they claim I had been given instructions over the phone on how to correctly complete the top up and activation process.

They maintain I used the €25 credit in one hour as I had not selected a bundle. If they reset my bundle, they said I would effectively be getting free internet, even though it had worked for only one hour after paying €25!

For me they clearly have some major structural / process issues so be warned;

- their system forgets what bundle you are on after 30 days.
    - topping up the credit alone will not re-activate your previous bundle
    - their customer service staff ask the customer to pay twice for the bundle
    - their automated text message service asks the customer to top-up ( this is incorrect, as it is more than a one step process)
    - their online FAQs make no mention of these shortfalls in their systems
    - the top up page in your online ID account just has boxes with numbers and your credit card details and has no instructions. After topping up, it displays a message that you have successfully topped up even when you haven't

I have stopped using this service and lost money from this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TwoSteaks

I have just had the same experience as the user above. Ran out of credit, topped up by 30 euro suddenly told a few days later that i was out of credit as since I hadn't topped up within the month it changed the selected bundle. I find this completely unacceptable and will not be using them again. I'd advise people to steer clear of them until they sort this mess out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Been with them a year. Apart from signal loss at the start of the contract, I havent had any issues whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 TwoSteaks

Just had a call from them and they sorted me out so somewhat mollified. Their data allowance and speed are quite good but their top up procedure online is a mess.

Advertisement