Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH in Athboy

Options
  • 05-07-2017 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I currently pay €60-70 pm for "broadband" @ 1.5Mbps (as long as its not raining).

Having recently changed my mobile from 3 to Meteor, I tried standing on shed roof and got 4Mbps on mobile. So I bought a simfree router and without an aerial, I get 18.5 Mbps !! 
    Once aerial is fitted, I hope to exceed 25Mbps. I can now shop online, book airline tickets etc - like normal people do.

Is there any logical reason not to cancel my landline?
    Will fibre EVER be extended (line ends about 200m from by house - about 5 families with young kids within 500m of last pole)?

I'm posting here because all my previous emails and letters to Eircom head office have been studiously ignored, as have approaches to local TDs and councillors.

My only regret is that being with Meteor, Eir still get my money, but maybe that'll change when the Vodafone test is complete...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi garymt,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here.

I would recommend registering your details here and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Or you can also PM me your eircode and I will look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 36 garymt

Hi Anna - thanks for prompt reply,
    Eircode sent as requested via PM.

What confuses me is that sales dept, never contacted me in all the time I've been enquiring.....

If, as stated elsewhere in this forum the range of FTTH is 10-20km, then why not supply the product when there are people crying out to buy it?

To add insult to injury, I pay the same as my neighbours getting 70Mbps - which is why I want to cancel.

Has anyone else succeeded in having FTTH extended beyond oringinal route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement