Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens Vs Pyronix

• 05-07-2017 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just been told by an installer that they no longer install Siemens/Vanderbilt as often the GSM does not dial out.

They recommend Pyronix but refuse to install any app function as it causes "insurance issues due to encouraging non setting of the alarms because a window might be open on your way out the door."

I've read a lot though this forum but that call to an alarm company has left me confused.

Are Pyronix more realible than Siemens?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No issues with the GSM unless its something to do with the SIM card .
    Ask him about Siemens/Vanderbilt new 3G GSM.
    An app causes insurance issues because you wont set the alarm??
    What a load of waffle. It sounds link yet another case of an installer wanting you to have what they want to install.
    I'd shop around a few more reliable installers if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Prismatic

KoolKid wrote: »
    No issues with the GSM unless its something to do with the SIM card .
    Ask him about Siemens/Vanderbilt new 3G GSM.
    An app causes insurance issues because you wont set the alarm??
    What a load of waffle. It sounds link yet another case of an installer wanting you to have what they want to install.
    I'd shop around a few more reliable installers if I were you.

Yeah, I think you are right. The company claims to install a few different systems but would only discuss pyronix and dismissed the others when I asked about them. No point in asking about the new 3G GSM as they refuse to install Siemens altogether.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are some strange lads around this industry altogether.
    He wasn't telling you PiRs are the best as well was he?
    Have a look through the PSA Register and search close to your own area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Secure Solutions

The three systems to consider are GSD, Siemens or HKC. Three good systems, depends on what you want from your alarm as to which is best suited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

Prismatic wrote: »
    Just been told by an installer that they no longer install Siemens/Vanderbilt as often the GSM does not dial out.

They recommend Pyronix but refuse to install any app function as it causes "insurance issues due to encouraging non setting of the alarms because a window might be open on your way out the door."

I've read a lot though this forum but that call to an alarm company has left me confused.

Are Pyronix more realible than Siemens?

The problem with the Pyronix app is it omits open zones when you set the app so it could be the front door open and it wont indicate this.
    Battery life on wire free devices would also be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

altor wrote: »
    The problem with the Pyronix app is it omits open zones when you set the app so it could be the front door open and it wont indicate this.
    Battery life on wire free devices would also be an issue.

Really? That's mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

Really? That's mad.

Yep, no way of knowing either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

that was fixed lads. App will alert you of an open zone before setting

Advertisement