Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening account

Options
  • 05-07-2017 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

On the 20th June I went into Blanchardstown branch to process my passport/proof of address documents in relation to the online form I submitted for opening new personal account. I saw them photocopy it and was told I'd hear back in a few days. On the 30th June I still had heard nothing so called in to find that the new accounts department never recieved my documents from Blanchardstown branch. I was told to personally scan my documents to the original email link I received and that the account would be open in 3 days.

I scanned the documents and sent them via that email link on the 1st July. I still have heard nothing back 3 business days later. I urgently need this account open by Friday, you've spent weeks on this now. I just called in and was on the line 15 minutes being charged an exorbinant rate only to get cut off. Is there a way I can pass on my details to a rep here privately to see how this application is getting on now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

zrau84 wrote: »
    Hi,

On the 20th June I went into Blanchardstown branch to process my passport/proof of address documents in relation to the online form I submitted for opening new personal account. I saw them photocopy it and was told I'd hear back in a few days. On the 30th June I still had heard nothing so called in to find that the new accounts department never recieved my documents from Blanchardstown branch. I was told to personally scan my documents to the original email link I received and that the account would be open in 3 days.

I scanned the documents and sent them via that email link on the 1st July. I still have heard nothing back 3 business days later. I urgently need this account open by Friday, you've spent weeks on this now. I just called in and was on the line 15 minutes being charged an exorbinant rate only to get cut off. Is there a way I can pass on my details to a rep here privately to see how this application is getting on now?
    Hi zrau84,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.

Very sorry that you did not hear anything back about your first account application.
    It can take a couple of days for a current account to be fully opened once the documents are sent in to us online, and you will be contacted directly as soon as your account is fully opened.
    You can however get an update on your application by calling our account opening section directly on 0818 35 44 54 (or 00353 1 4044034 if you are abroad) and any of the advisers in this section will be able to have a look into this for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement