Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatyard 2017, Dun Laoghaire 5th & 6th August

Options
  • 05-07-2017 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭

Considering volunteering for this, a nice juicy line up in AIR, Toots & the Maytals, Mark Ronson DJ set, Morcheeba, Rusangano Family, Bananarama, Horse Meat Disco, Larry Heard, Romare and Fish Go Deep among others. Would there be camping areas in Dun Laoghaire, I know Beatyard is not a camping festival but I imagine a lot of tourists come to the area. So would be willing to tent it for the night if there was a few camping areas near hand in the area.

http://www.the-beatyard.com/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Anyone going to this.

Beatyard-2017-main-poster586k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Was thinking about the Sunday as Air would be a must. What's it like down there? Where is the stage etc? Plus does it normally sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Chelon wrote: »
    Was thinking about the Sunday as Air would be a must. What's it like down there? Where is the stage etc? Plus does it normally sell out?
    I don't think it sold out previously.
    Whole setup is on concrete section very close to the Dart, they have markings that indicate they were once queues for the ferry. As you face the main stage, you face towards the sea. Also close to Wetherspoons
    Nice relaxed buzz, good crowd and no scangers usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I got the early bird three tickets for price of one deal so basically €30 for the entire weekend, fantastic value.

Not sure if i'll make it in for a full day either of the days but want to see Rusangano family & Air certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Only found out about this today. The Sunday looks like a nice outing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I've never even heard of this, but I'm in Dublin on Friday night and would like to pop in on the way home for the day.

Is it mainly a music festival? I'd be more interested in the food stands, drinks etc. Is it casual or just a mad house?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Corvo wrote: »
    I've never even heard of this, but I'm in Dublin on Friday night and would like to pop in on the way home for the day.

Is it mainly a music festival? I'd be more interested in the food stands, drinks etc. Is it casual or just a mad house?
    Very casual, lots of food stands and craft beers, there was an N64 there last year too for multiplayer mariokart

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Went to it for the day last year, it's a very casual festival with plenty to do outside of the music, lot's of nice food, places to hang out, there is a big market in one of the buildings there that was cool, also lot's of games and activities to do if you're into that kinda thing. The music was only okay though, main stage was good but the other small tent with DJs playing was awful, the sound was terrible in there last year for Theo Parrish and Tensnake, as a result I spent a lot of the night at the main stage at acts I didn't have much of an interest in. Nice crowd with no scumbags at all. Fun day out though, if they could improve on the sound issues I would go again (although a nightmare getting there from Kildare).

Gonna splash out on the Sunday. Mad to see Air and just checked a recent show on YouTube and it looks fantastic. Cant seem to convince anyone else to go- not that it matters!

Just filled in a volunteer form for this, looking forward to it now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Just filled in a volunteer form for this, looking forward to it now. :)

Ronson and Bananarama on the Saturday- will be a lot of families and nostalgic Gen-Xers and should be a good night

After getting my Sunday ticket. Going just for Air. Havent a clue who anyone else is, so hopefully will come away with a new pop group or 2!

After getting my Sunday ticket. Going just for Air. Havent a clue who anyone else is, so hopefully will come away with a new pop group or 2!

If you like your reggae check out Toots and the Maytals, I will sum it up by saying reggae got soul. Also check out Fish Go Deep for good dance music and Kila for Irish trad experimental sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

IF you're looking to camp, there's none in Dun Laoghaire......

But, you could wild camp in Killiney or Bray. Some spots around Bray Head that you sometimes see tents at.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Went to it for the day last year, it's a very casual festival with plenty to do outside of the music, lot's of nice food, places to hang out, there is a big market in one of the buildings there that was cool, also lot's of games and activities to do if you're into that kinda thing. The music was only okay though, main stage was good but the other small tent with DJs playing was awful, the sound was terrible in there last year for Theo Parrish and Tensnake, as a result I spent a lot of the night at the main stage at acts I didn't have much of an interest in. Nice crowd with no scumbags at all. Fun day out though, if they could improve on the sound issues I would go again (although a nightmare getting there from Kildare).
    Why was it a nightmare getting there from Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Just took about 2 hours to get out to Dun Laoghaire on public transport and was the same getting home. A lot of travelling for a day out! Fair play to anyone who does a commute like that to work/college. I'd definitely go again if I lived closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Just took about 2 hours to get out to Dun Laoghaire on public transport and was the same getting home. A lot of travelling for a day out! Fair play to anyone who does a commute like that to work/college. I'd definitely go again if I lived closer.
    if you can get the train from Kilcock/Maynooth/Leixlip, it only takes about an hour total. 30-40mins to Connolly and then change onto the DART.

Yay got my volunteer shifts for this, late shift on Saturday and the early shift on Sunday so will get to see Toots and the Maytals for the fourth time and AIR for the first time, I canna wait, will bring me two cameras and will have a review up afterwards, yay a spanking new festival for me. :)

Yay got my volunteer shifts for this, late shift on Saturday and the early shift on Sunday so will get to see Toots and the Maytals for the fourth time and AIR for the first time, I canna wait, will bring me two cameras and will have a review up afterwards, yay a spanking new festival for me. :)

Going for Air alone. Its going to be sensational!

Going for Air alone. Its going to be sensational!

Listening to Moon Safari while reading yer post. :)

• Advertisement

Can't find any youtube clips of Air's Brakes On but there was this Irish Budweiser ad that uses the track, also can't find any AIR setlists from this year so I don't know if they still play it.

Stage times are up. Looks like Air are only getting an hour slot. That's pretty crap.

http://www.the-beatyard.com/timetable/

Stage times are up. Looks like Air are only getting an hour slot. That's pretty crap.

http://www.the-beatyard.com/timetable/

Yeah I agree its this daft curfew rule when near residential areas probably in association with the Vintners Confederation, so that people have to leave the festival and seek the pubs and clubs in the area to keep drinking. Speaking of which, is there After Parties to do with Beatyard like say Forbidden fruit or Longitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Yeah I agree its this daft curfew rule when near residential areas probably in association with the Vintners Confederation, so that people have to leave the festival and seek the pubs and clubs in the area to keep drinking. Speaking of which, is there After Parties to do with Beatyard like say Forbidden fruit or Longitude?

The schedule says they are on at 9.30pm. When is curfew, 10.30pm or 11pm?

Goreme wrote: »
    The schedule says they are on at 9.30pm. When is curfew, 10.30pm or 11pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Something on in the basement in wigwam (formerly twisted pepper) on abbey street - horse meat disco sat and mood swing on Sunday.

Even better their Boiler Room set from June, full set is 1 hour and ten minutes so we only really loose ten minutes of their set.

Ara yeah. It'll be brilliant either way.

Hang on, Boiler room was 1hr 21mins though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ah come on.

Advertisement