Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatyard 2017, Dun Laoghaire 5th & 6th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ara yeah. It'll be brilliant either way.

Hang on, Boiler room was 1hr 21mins though

Made a mistake about the timing sorry.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Made a mistake about the timing sorry.

Ara look, it should still be class. It's just silly that if you look at the times of the people before them, it looks like others could get a longer set. Headliner should get longest.

Im also very ignorant towards the other acts, so thats another part of it aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Stage times are up. Looks like Air are only getting an hour slot. That's pretty crap.

http://www.the-beatyard.com/timetable/

1:15 PM : Mama Kasbah
    2:30 PM : Katie Kim
    4:00 PM : Kila
    6:00 PM : Toots & The Maytals
    7:45 PM : Morcheeba
    9:30 PM : AIR

thats ****e that Air get less stage time than most of the other bands. 65 quid aint cheap neither

It's disappointing alright. My ignorance assumed Air would get a decent headliners slot.

Having a quiet morning at work, so I emailed Beatyard. Got this back

Hi Nigel,

AIR decide the length of their slot, not ourselves. Should still be great!

Thanks,

Ciaran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Pity it's only an hour for Air, that's why I bought the ticket. I did get it for 30 quid though so can't complain too much. Will have been there since 6pm to see Toots so by half ten my legs will start giving out for sure!

Candi Staton has obviously been replaced by Morcheeba - can't say I'm the biggest Morcheeba fan (I know two songs) but I'd prefer them to Staton. A better fit for Air as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd definitely prefer Morcheeba to Candi Staton

I'd definitely prefer Morcheeba to Candi Staton

Must give them a go. I havent heard of them since Slane 03. Even then, Im pretty sure I was passed out during their performance, could be mixing them up with Halite

Goreme wrote: »
    Any update news on the length of Air's performance, will it still be one hour?

Yup. I went whinging to them by email and they got back saying Air decided the set length. Must have been paying by the minute or something.

I always thought it was the same as FF and Longitude, Iveagh, is it not 10.45 pm because of it being a residential area. I'm sure AIR's set will be about an hour and fifteen minutes. Its not really stated what time it actually closes at, unless someone who's been before can confirm. Does the music stop at 10.30 giving you 15 minutes to drink up or does in go on till 10.45.

• Advertisement

Taken from the website:

Gates Open: 12pm both days

Event Finishes: 10.30pm both days

Bars Close: 10pm both days

As its a smaller festival, I'd imagine they'll be fairly strict on the curfew. More of a risk of them being told to sh@g off next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If you have weekend tickets will they let you leave and come back in?

Lux23 wrote: »

They are pretty snappy to reply to emails. You can contact them on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

What is the capacity of the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Lux23 wrote: »

Yes, it says the only people who can come and go are weekend ticket holders, they must give a wristband on the first entry

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

Just wondering this is my first year. Is drink very expensive in there as it is with most music festivals? Is it easy to sneak in cans or other drink?
    Thanks.

You may not be able to bring a backpack in - security has become tighter at concerts and festivals now. Saying that, not sure if Beatyard is going to be the same.

You'd be better off drinking in a nearby pub first and only getting minimal pints when you are there. It doesn't strike me as the kind of gig where people are going to be on the p*ss, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Drinks are no more expensive than in their pubs. They had a Becks tent last year and then sell the brewtonic and other craft beers. Don't know about cocktails and spirits.

Its not really a festival where you get people going on the p1ss. There is a Wetherspoons 5 mins away so can start there then buy a few drinks in the arena.

They do searches at the gate but I've never tried bringing in drink so can't say if it is easy or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

60 minute headliners - early curfew - sounds like it will be the usual rip off scenario for drink.

Was keen on this but going off it by the minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Chelon wrote: »
    60 minute headliners - early curfew - sounds like it will be the usual rip off scenario for drink.

Beatyard have already stated that it was Air who decided the set time, they also don't have any say on the curfew as it's a residential area. They have a variety of drink choices including some tasty craft beers.

I'm not sure they can help you if you're looking for an all night rave with a three hour headline act and free drink for the night. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Chelon wrote: »

It was good craic last year with standard prices for food/drink and a chilled vibe which is not commonplace at Irish festivals

I'm ok with any amount of time Air want to play for - have never seen them and they're one of my favourite bands. Doing a greatest hits tour as well, can't complain about that! And Toots and the Maytals are gonna be great fun to see. Plus I got cheap tickets. All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Can you pay at the gate? Wont know whether I'll be going until last minute on Sunday.

I emailed beatyard but they're not answering emails as they are all on-site now.

bullpost wrote: »
    Can you pay at the gate? Wont know whether I'll be going until last minute on Sunday.

I emailed beatyard but they're not answering emails as they are all on-site now.

It didn't seem like it sold out, so I'd imagine you can buy tickets when you are there. If there's no ticket booth, you could just buy them on your phone as you have the option of a paperless ticket to gain entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Chelon

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Beatyard have already stated that it was Air who decided the set time, they also don't have any say on the curfew as it's a residential area. They have a variety of drink choices including some tasty craft beers.

I'm not sure they can help you if you're looking for an all night rave with a three hour headline act and free drink for the night. :confused:

Sorry I do hear you - I'm just spoiled as just back from Glastonbury so still dreaming of 5 nights/100 stages for 220 quid/obv no curfew/proper beer(none of the rip off "craft" stuff)/bring your drink in with you

Anyway I digress; might change my mind as I really want to see Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

They are expecting Sunday to sell out in advance but the weather forecast could be a factor in that.

Well they still seem to be active in the social media, festival organisers tend to take their computers with them and it is in Dublin. Try their Facebook page also and their Twitter accounts to message them too.

https://twitter.com/BeatYard?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://www.facebook.com/events/1388070251203146/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Well they still seem to be active in the social media, festival organisers tend to take their computers with them and it is in Dublin. Try their Facebook page also and their Twitter accounts to message them too.

https://twitter.com/BeatYard?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://www.facebook.com/events/1388070251203146/

They got back to me. You can pay at gate if its not a sell-out ( Which its currently not).

Looking forward to Air now, have a few tunes on in the office. I'll probably head to it after the Tipp Galway match on Sunday and crack on from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Goreme wrote: »
    What is the capacity of the venue?

Advertisement