Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatyard 2017, Dun Laoghaire 5th & 6th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The Nal wrote: »

Where'd you pluck that number out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Goreme wrote: »
    What is the capacity of the venue?

About the same as Sea Sessions and Liss Ard, about 2,000 or 3,000 I think. Actually found the planning application for 2016, it was 7,500 people for each day. http://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/2016_jun_22_report_with_conditions-final.pdf

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

You heading up to it Niall? I was there in 2015 - it's great craic, really chilled.

You heading up to it Niall? I was there in 2015 - it's great craic, really chilled.

Yup volunteering it, 2015, thats the year Four Tet played it I think, jeez just looked at the line up there, Barrington Levy too, now there's a dub reggae heavyweight.

Noodle toodle dooo will be there tomorrow afternoon, I hope its sunny.

• Advertisement

Good god almighty that was some downpour last night I'm crossing my fingers that it will be drier up in Dun Laoghaire for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Good god almighty that was some downpour last night I'm crossing my fingers that it will be drier up in Dun Laoghaire for the weekend.

Supposed to be mixed. Wear a raincoat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Dry in south Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Dry in south Dublin

There will be showers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Am at Ibiza airport. Ronson sitting at table next to me.

No one recognizing him!

Edit: Just plucked up the courage to speak to him. Lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Have a good day everyone. Weather looking not too bad for today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Do you need to print e tickets out? Bought them off a third party?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

What else would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

How was this last night anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I had them scan off the phone. Just up the screen brightness to help them out.

Wasn't that impressed with it yesterday. The lineup was seriously thin. Was chilled though and I like it wasn't rammed. Might be different today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

How was this last night anyone?

I thought it was great, really enjoyed Mr fingers and some of the smaller areas. The dance floor inside the terminal building is great. Very sound crowd at it as well, even by festival standards everyone was chilled out

Is it all outdoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Is it all outdoors?

Na just the main stage. There's a big dance floor area in the old ferry terminal and a little tent at the back of the main stage. On my way out now, hope this rains passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Toots and the maytals were excellent...did i hear him wrong or did he think he was in London??

Food/beer/ seat now til Air begin...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

How were Morcheeba?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

Edit: Oops DP

How did everyone get on?

Air were FANTASTIC now I must say. Well worth the wait. Great set, and a cracking performance. Would have loved a couple more but 5 songs from Moon Safari alone was sensational.

Other than that, I don't have the greatest of opinions of yesterday. Morcheeba were exactly as I remember them from Slane 03, which is entirely forgettable. Nice Bowie cover, but meh. Toots were OK, not my cup of tea but decent enough.

Christ the food was a disaster. Those bloody qeueues.... Bars were grand though!

Air were amazing, but the crowd for the most part during their set weren't. I know it's not exactly the kind of music to get people going and they didn't really engage with the crowd, but I could hear lots of talking and not much clapping after songs. Got better at the end, and the last song got a huge reaction which was good.

I enjoyed Toots sort of, was a bit boring after a while. He actually didn't know where he was I reckon, he said he loved "the UK and London and.... this place". :)

I was amazed at the amount of weed being smoked in the crowd, literally everywhere I stood. Big balls on them too, with the amount of police around. But I didn't see any issues anyway.

Beer service was good, the Monto by 5 Lamps was my tipple for the day. The Gin bar was a disaster though. Food wise I went for Box Burger, got it pretty quickly, meal deal for a tenner so not too bad.

Didn't watch Morcheeba, was having a welcome sit down on a bar stool at that point.

Air really were fantastic though, the drummer was amazing. And once it got dark the light show really kicked in:

wlhx7OA.jpg

pBSinyt.jpg

sL6fRGg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Air were great, but there was definitely a lot of disinterested people around me as well, talking non-stop, not applauding, constantly coming and going. More than likely the FOMO crowd rather than someone there to actually see the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Really enjoyed AIR, would have loved to see them for longer

Think they missed a trick putting Kila on so early, always put on a good show

The rest...fairly meh to be honest. If I'm going again next year, won't be arriving as early. Just isn't enough to do/see

retalivity wrote: »
    Air were great, but there was definitely a lot of disinterested people around me as well, talking non-stop, not applauding, constantly coming and going. More than likely the FOMO crowd rather than someone there to actually see the band.

There was a group of girls talking near the front that were swiftly told to shut up or sh@g off. I was right up at the stage and everyone around was into it. Clearly most only knew the Moon Safari tunes (me included) everyone were constantly moving.

I'm glad I came down after the hurling. It would take a lot to get me to go back next year if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Enjoyed AIR but the crowd didn't seem that into it

Had to relocate myself a few times to get away from folks roaring at each other non stop over the music. Pretty much the norm at outdoor gigs in Ireland these days but I still don't understand it.

La femme d'argent was a super finishing track nonetheless

If I ever have to see that Lego movie of the 4 friends going to the festival again.... Must have played 40 times before Air!

And Air seemingly did a full set too, which was good. I timed it as 1 hour 20 and that's what they've been doing in other venues (apparently). I wonder were they fined for going over the curfew? They did get great applause at the end and it was nice seeing them line up waving to the crowd, so whatever about the rest of the gig, at least by the end they'd won people over.

As for me, I was delighted to hear stuff like Venus, Radian and Alpha Beta Gaga. They were touring their "20 Years" greatest hits so I knew it was pretty much going to be the most well-known stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There was some awkward ham fisted fills being attempted by air's drummer towards the end of the set, sounded very amateurish at times, a few moments of cringe. I'd give their set 6.5/10.

Advertisement