Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL Draft league

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I really hope the draft is only like this for the first weekend and it'll be updated properly once 1st gameweek is over. it's actually an awful set up as it is.
    • You can't see what transfers other managers made - on the draftfantasyfootball.co.uk last season a page showing ever transfer whether it was free agent or waiver was updated in real time
    • you can't filter players by only showing available players when looking to transfer, you've to look through every player - again this should be a given and very easy to do
    • I've no idea who my opponent has as it doesn't show me what transfers they've made since the draft and I can't see their team yet to see - this one I would expect to be just down to it being first week and will be ok going forward

really hope they fix the first 2 though, it really is lacking towards the other draft game, I already knew coming into this that you couldn't do direct trades between managers and that the waiver wire is very unfairly set up but the actual set up in general is very poor (so far)

My thoughts too, hopefully it's fixed as going along but these points you made make it a less interactive experience (maybe I'm just spoiled with the NFL ones) and therefore less enjoyable (I know we're only one day into it!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

L.S.F wrote: »
    My thoughts too, hopefully it's fixed as going along but these points you made make it a less interactive experience (maybe I'm just spoiled with the NFL ones) and therefore less enjoyable (I know we're only one day into it!).

Yeah for me half the fun was checking in to see who had made transfers, who got who on the waiver wire etc, every week when the waivers went through you'd be logging in to see if you got you player(s) and who others had picked up.

I really hope they fix that side of it.

I still can't see who my opponent has this week but fully expect that's just a gw1 problem.

Really not a fan of how they operate waivers either, the lowest ranked person gets first choice every week. Effectively punishing you for being Good, it should be that once you get your player you move to the bottom, next person gets his player, moves to the bottom etc. But I knew that before season started so can't complain too much. It does make you wonder though if you'd be better off starting slow in first 2 to 3 weeks and then getting first dibs at the likes of Bale or anyone that might join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Coming up to the 3 o clock games and still can't see who your opponent has. Think the I.t. genius behind this needs a bit of overtime next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Coming up to the 3 o clock games and still can't see who your opponent has. Think the I.t. genius behind this needs a bit of overtime next week!

I am in two draft leagues. I can only see one of my teams. The second is available be a drop-down menu, but nothing happens when I select that team/league.

The whole draft set-up has been a major let down so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Draft league still hasn't done autosubs yet, never mind updating the leagues.

Disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

F1ngers wrote: »

Disappointing.

Just hope this improves for week 2 as know a lot of people in my league will just give up if it's no run smoothly. And in H2H leagues its horrible playing against deadwood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Came on here to post about it.

I understand priority is given to the normal game but Monday morning is bad form to have nothing updated, autosubs, league positions, etc.

We're relying on showing each other via WhatsApp but as LSF said above, if it's not run smoothly or seen to be working properly, lads will give up, time wasted really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Disappointing.

How did this pass testing / QA. If people were paying for this they would be asking for refunds. People can just rant on twitter / forums.

Tables will be updated by Wednesday.
    Please note: #FPLdraft tables are in the process of being updated and will be available for all managers by Wednesday...
    In future, #FPLdraft Leagues and points will be updated during each Gameweek

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL?lang=en-ie

At least we can see each others teams in this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Waiver question,

I understand that the team in 1st position gets his waiver pick last, but what happens if a few of the teams below top spot don't make any changes? Is there a time limit for each time to make a change before moving to the next priority team?

Waiver question,

I understand that the team in 1st position gets his waiver pick last, but what happens if a few of the teams below top spot don't make any changes? Is there a time limit for each time to make a change before moving to the next priority team?

https://draft.premierleague.com/help

Typical timeline

Once the draft is finished all unselected players will be available for selection via waivers. An exception is if the league draft completes less than 48 hours before the next deadline, in this case all unselected players who aren't locked will be immediately available via free agency.
    Waivers are processed 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline.
    After waivers are processed, free agency mode will be active until the Gameweek deadline.
    Once the gameweek deadline passes all players are available on waivers. Steps 2-4 now repeat.

Thanks I did read the help section before posting, it doesn't address my question.

Thanks I did read the help section before posting, it doesn't address my question.

Leader gets last choice so long as at least one other team makes changes.
    First by default if no one else makes changes.

Leader gets last choice so long as at least one other team makes changes.
    First by default if no one else makes changes.

Thanks, assume so that all this will be processed instantly 24 hours before the deadline, and then free agents kick in for the next 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Save me reading the whole thread, but is the draft now just basically a private league where the most points wins? I was hoping it was going to be head to head each week with each player having a win/loss record at the end, as it is in NFL draft leagues.

Pretty disappointing if its just standard format from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

keano_afc wrote: »
    Save me reading the whole thread, but is the draft now just basically a private league where the most points wins? I was hoping it was going to be head to head each week with each player having a win/loss record at the end, as it is in NFL draft leagues.

Pretty disappointing if its just standard format from here.

Depends what league type you setup. I'm in a 16 team head to head league. You play each team at least twice and some teams 3 times. Your points total is your goal difference basically if you are tied with somebody else.

I prefer this format to standard who has highest points total. The only issue I have is that there tends to be basically win/loss and very few draws which is unlike a league.

I plan to look back over the results in my 16 team league for the year, change it that each 10 points is a goal and you have to beat ur opponent by 10 points (5 points may be more accurate not sure at the moment) to get the win otherwise its a draw. For example if you beat a team 74-49 you actually beat them 2-0 as you were 20 points clear. Be interesting to see how the table would have panned out if the points scored reflected these different results.

Advertisement