Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Sportys Gym still open?

Options
  • 05-07-2017 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I might be relocating to Kilarney and I was looking into gyms in the area and sportys gym seemed like what I was looking for but there doesnt seem to be a facebook page and any number I can find doesnt work!
    If it isnt open,any recommendations on gyms with a decent weight secion + decent machine selection?I see there are a few "crossfit" type places that have a good setup for the free weights,but I would like some machines too.
    The leisure center gym seems like the best option so far from what I can tell,they dont have many pictures up unfortunately!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

I might be relocating to Kilarney and I was looking into gyms in the area and sportys gym seemed like what I was looking for but there doesnt seem to be a facebook page and any number I can find doesnt work!
    If it isnt open,any recommendations on gyms with a decent weight secion + decent machine selection?I see there are a few "crossfit" type places that have a good setup for the free weights,but I would like some machines too.
    The leisure center gym seems like the best option so far from what I can tell,they dont have many pictures up unfortunately!

Sportys closed about 2 years ago. There is a gym in the same premises but i dont know its name. There is also a Gym over Costa in Deerpark and over O'Sullivans Bike Shop in High St adn the Swimming Pool
    Plenty to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

The leisure centre is the best in town imo. Has everything you want and great friendly staff

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bendy1911

Depends on what you're after IMHO. I moved to Killarney a while back and tried out all the gyms. I had been in a few machine type gyms in Dublin for years but was really bored of it and wasn't seeing any progress.

If you want a pool and swimming then the leisure centre is probably your best bet. I liked the pool and the gym isn't bad in fairness.
    I decided to join the new gym on Ballycasheen Road (Activate) for a finish.
    It's actually a brilliant set-up. They have showers and plenty space (some of the other crossfit type places in town are really small), the gang in there are sound and I'm really enjoying the variety and structure of workouts which will keep my boredom at bay!
    Ultimately it came down to that I wasn't swimming enough to use the leisure centre and figured I would end up bored working out alone in there eventually so decided to give crossfit a go and I'm loving it, its a great way to make some new friends if you're new to the area too! :)

Advertisement