Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some advice needed

Options
  • 05-07-2017 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi All

Im just looking for some advice. I really really loved my job, I have been there nearly 8 years. Recently alot of things had changed, I have gotten a new team and new manager. While the team are very nice, the new manager is not. She's short tempered, rude and not a very nice person. I have been approached my another company with a role I know I would love. However they will want me to start immediately. But our bonuses will be paid the first week of next month and all going according to plan I should get my full one. I just dont know if I can last that long working under her for much longer. If I leave before the first week of august I wont get a penny. So I thought of some options, what are your thoughts

1. just walk and forfeit the money
    2. get a sick cert until the money is paid (i wont be claiming) and send in my notice
    3. keep working there until the bonus is paid, email them my notice and walk

Has anyone been here before and if they have can they help me, im just a bit lost, the stress is starting to get me down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

tt2014 wrote: »
    Hi All

Im just looking for some advice. I really really loved my job, I have been there nearly 8 years. Recently alot of things had changed, I have gotten a new team and new manager. While the team are very nice, the new manager is not. She's short tempered, rude and not a very nice person. I have been approached my another company with a role I know I would love. However they will want me to start immediately. But our bonuses will be paid the first week of next month and all going according to plan I should get my full one. I just dont know if I can last that long working under her for much longer. If I leave before the first week of august I wont get a penny. So I thought of some options, what are your thoughts

1. just walk and forfeit the money
    2. get a sick cert until the money is paid (i wont be claiming) and send in my notice
    3. keep working there until the bonus is paid, email them my notice and walk

Has anyone been here before and if they have can they help me, im just a bit lost, the stress is starting to get me down

Have you other options? The new hiring company should understand that you need to give some notice to your existing company after 8 years, you may also have holidays accrued that could be included to your leave. It's a long service to walk away from of the bat but I do understand. You should be entitled to your bonus if you handed months notice now as still an employee. If it is that bad you can use sick leave to work up notice but it's not an ideal situation either and can cause more stress and worry too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

It is bad form not to work out your notice.

ireland is a small country and you never know what will happen int eh future. dont burn your bridges with your current employer.

id say collect the bonus, then had in and work your notice period. but if you cannot stick the time working with the new boss, and its not worth the bonus payment, hand in your notice today & work it out.

once your decision to quit is made, you can speak to HR about the notice persion, can any existing holiday accruement be taken off etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Would the New Company cover your bonus as a signing on bonus? Personal experience says this happens.

Advertisement