Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine Question

Options
  • 05-07-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Having moved onto powdered formula we got the below machine from a friend:

http://www.mothercare.ie/tommee-tippee-closer-to-nature-perfect-prep-machine.html

My question is this: 'It says to top up any water in the machine, but how long can water stay sitting in the machine? It could easily be up to 7 hours between feeds at night. Is it safe for the water to remain in the machine as long as that? Especially as it doesn't boil the water, it merely heats it enough to kill any bacteria in the milk.'

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm not familiar with this machine but I am familiar with babies :) I would preboil the water you need, maybe store it in a covered jug, if your baby is young then not boiling the water first can make them chuck back the bottle (experience ). Once the water is covered, it'll stay sterile. No need to worry about it going stagnant in the machine.

Babies are far more robust than we give them credit for, I'm on number six, I kinda giggle to myself when I remember how panicked I used to get on my first, I stopped sterilising her bottles the day I found her chewing on the wheel of her buggy... :D
    Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I haven't used this machine either, but I have read that it isn't particularly safe. It doesn't use enough hot water to mix the formula, or something like that. Formula isn't a sterile product, and should be made up according to the instructions to kill any bacteria present in the powder. If you google it you will find threads on a number of forums (fora?) in relation to it.

Advertisement