Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grace Period for Car Loans

Options
  • 05-07-2017 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi guys, is there a grace period for backing out of a supposed car financing deal? I signed up for one today, but after reviewing the situation, I have cold feet and I think I will pull out. Please help me out :)[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi guys, is there a grace period for backing out of a supposed car financing deal? I signed up for one today, but after reviewing the situation, I have cold feet and I think I will pull out. Please help me out :)[/font]
    Hi JasonRoche2393,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

It can depend on what dealership you were using, because the majority of dealerships would ask you to sign a waver for any cooling off period (which would usually be 10 days). For this reason I would ask that you have a look through the paper work that you have received for this finance agreement and it should say if there is a cooling off period or should have a waver to forgo this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement