Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - modem charge on bill!

Options
  • 05-07-2017 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi there,

So, I joined Eir for broadband and home phone roughly 3 months ago. At the time of signing up, I was told that Fibre was not available in my property however when the engineer visited, he confirmed that this was wrong and he updated the records with Eir/sent on the information for updating. Eir then assisted me to get it upgraded to fibre.

Now, when the engineer came for a second time to hook up the fibre - he left a new modem, but didn't take the old one (the one we'd received a week or so prior). We were never given any information on how to return it, to where to return it nor any correspondence regarding its return.

It is in my loft in a box! Now, I see a charge of circa 50 euros on my bill for the modem out of the blue. I'm somewhat annoyed about this; one simple e-mail, letter, message and I'd have arranged its return instantly. 

Now, can I ask you to verify why this didn't happen and to remove the charges from my next bill and provide me with the return address and info required to return it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AnSliabhCorcra

Shall I PM you my details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi AnSliabhCorcra,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

For any modem returns you can post them to the below address:

eir Returns
    PO Box 12726
    Freepost

Dublin 11

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will look into your bill for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AnSliabhCorcra

PM'ed

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Thanks for that AnSliabhCorcra, I have replied to your PM.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement