Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roses

Options
  • 06-07-2017 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Inside my gates at both sides of the entrance is an area that is covered by a weed barrier and small stone where I have evergreens growing. I fell in love with two roses last week and of course had to have them. My question is can I plant roses there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Probably yes: roses are extremely tolerant and can grow in a wide range of conditions.

But you will have to make a good-sized hole to plant them in, of course - cut a hole in the weed barrier and dig down, and add a spadeful of manure, compost, or bonemeal etc - the roses may be sitting there for quite a few years. Plant firmly. Watch over them for the first year. They'll probably be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Thanks for replying. Yes I will chance them there. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Thanks for replying. Yes I will chance them there. Thanks again

Advertisement