Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance: additional driver charge

Options
  • 06-07-2017 6:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm lending my car to a German friend for 2 weeks (teacher, clean licence, 20 years + incident free driving) and Liberty are charging me €85, fully comp. I was shocked at this sum. Is there any way around this? Thankful for any advice. Iromac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Could always rent. Some great deals out there on rentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Sounds reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That seems about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not really seeing an issue. I suspect a significant portion of that fee is to actually set up the policy itself. I'd wager that you could double the length of the policy and it would have only a slight variation on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Enquire about adding her on to the policy for the rest of its term rather than for 2 weeks. I wanted to add my brother for a weekend before. Was told there was a €50 charge to add him for a set period but there would be no charge if I just added him to the policy until it's expiry date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Insurance forum

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement