Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeautyBlender Stockists in Dublin and boardsies opinions....

Options
  • 06-07-2017 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that stocks the BeautyBlender sponge ? Or failing that any reputable online stockists

I keep hearing amazing things about it and am really anxious to try it.

For anyone that has tried it, would you recommend it? I like a nice even coverage but hate being caked in foundation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Makeup forever sell them in town near Stephen Green shopping centre.

I really like, it's a bit of effort for every day but definitely worth it for occasion makeup and concealer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I love mine, got it in New York last year so it's a bit manky now, need to replace it :o I don't use it every day either but I love it when I want to look flawless, it gives such a lovely finish to the skin. I use it with Double Wear & it looks amazing.

I'm not based in Dublin but was up last week & spotted Beauty Blenders in & Other Stories and Space NK on Grafton St. The one in Space NK was €24 (I think!) as it came with a bar of the sponge cleaner, thinking of picking that particular one up next time I'm back in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Boots sells it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I love the finish it gives, but I don't use it for foundation only concealer. I apply foundation in my usual way and then dampen the beauty blender and use it to buff in my concealer. I love the cover it gives and it helps fuse together the foundation and the concealer. It just makes for a fresher, more flawless finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Boots sell it online. I've been using the beauty blender for about 4 years and I swear by it. I use it for both liquid and powder applications. It's excellent for both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

OP try the real techniques sponge. I find it great and tbh on par with the beauty blender.

Great way to see if you like the sponge application and they only €7.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I bought a Beauty Blender on Cult Beauty last week (they had a 15% off code so I figured why not) and I LOVE it. I was just saying to someone this morning that the difference it has made to my makeup is ridiculous. I had been using the Real Techniques sponges for a few years, but had become increasingly displeased with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

After a rocky start, I actually love mine and use it every day. I've actually started messing about with cheaper foundations since I started using it. I used to be 100% Estee Lauder Double Wear, but currently I'm using my BB with a blend of L'Oreal Infallible 24 Matte and Catrice HD foundation (such a good budget brand which to my shame I was a bit snobby about before) I'm also planning on picking up a Bourjois Healthy Mix soon to see what all the hype is about.

You can also buy them in &OtherStories on Grafton St.

La.de.da wrote: »
    OP try the real techniques sponge. I find it great and tbh on par with the beauty blender.

Great way to see if you like the sponge application and they only €7.

I have to say I didnt find them comparable. The RT sponge isnt as soft and doesn't give the same finish IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

SozBbz wrote: »
    I have to say I didnt find them comparable. The RT sponge isnt as soft and doesn't give the same finish IMO.

Agreed, though I think the newer RT sponge (the funny shaped pink one!) is much better & more comparable to the Beauty Blender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I bought a 3 pack box of the new RT sponges and I tried one and gave the rest away. It didn't blend the product, as much as it smeared it across my face. I really didn't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Never had an issue with the real techniques I have to say. I suppose what works for one person will differ to the next.

I'll invest in a beauty blender next month to see what the hype is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Space NK and & other stories on grafton street sell them. & other stories have different colours. I prefer the black one because they pink is very hard to clean, always looks dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

fg1406 wrote: »
    I bought a 3 pack box of the new RT sponges and I tried one and gave the rest away. It didn't blend the product, as much as it smeared it across my face. I really didn't like it.

The RT sponges are in no way compareable with the beauty blender

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Picked up a Beauty Blender in & Other Stories during the week based on this thread. I had been using the RT one. And now I can see there is absolutely no comparison between the two.
    The finish from the beauty blender is flawless. And application really easy. The material of the two sponges is completely different. I'm loving the beauty blender.

cee_jay wrote: »
    Picked up a Beauty Blender in & Other Stories during the week based on this thread. I had been using the RT one. And now I can see there is absolutely no comparison between the two.
    The finish from the beauty blender is flawless. And application really easy. The material of the two sponges is completely different. I'm loving the beauty blender.

I agree. I've been using my Beauty Blender for two weeks now and will never go back to RT... was cleaning the both of them last night and the difference between the material is crazy, the RT ones are very rough.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love the BB! I have two and they're both in good nick, I clean them with the blender solid soap from Penneys.

I mostly use mine at the weekend when I'm doing a full face, I use very little foundation for work so just use a brush as it's much quicker, and I tend to just put it where I need it.

I must try them for powders, haven't ventured there yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

I just bought one from Cult Beauty & I have to say I love it! It just gives a flawless application :)

So how does everyone clean theirs - I've heard Johnstones Baby Shampoo is the best & putting it in the microwave for a minute in water gets it really clean, anyone done this - I dont want to ruin it!

I use the little round soap from Penneys. That stuff is like magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The BB I bought in & Other Stories last week came with a little soap in the container to clean it with. Not all of them had this soap with it, but it's quite handy.

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    The BB I bought in & Other Stories last week came with a little soap in the container to clean it with. Not all of them had this soap with it, but it's quite handy.

The one with the soap is €6 more expensive.

Advertisement